• March 21Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

• March 21Senior quotes due by 3/29

• March 21Choir Festival on 3/27

• March 20Mu Alpha Theta Induction Ceremony on 4/9

• March 20Parent-Teacher Conferences on 4/4

• March 20NHS Induction Ceremony on 4/3

• March 15Half day for students on March 29

Thursday, March 14

Today Celebrates: National Potato Chip Day, Popcorn Lovers Day, and National Pi Day!

Lunch for today includes: Hot Turkey Sandwich, Oriental Orange Chicken, Whipped Potatoes w/ Gravy, Steamed Oriental Blend, Chilled Applesauce, and Milk.

Seniors! The senior panoramic photograph will take place TOMORROW, first thing in the morning. You MUST report to your first period class and wait to be called down. Morning Worcester Technical students will report to the cafeteria before being called as the buses will be held for you. Again, the Senior Panoramic will take place on Friday, March 15th.

Additionally, Josten’s will be here at SDHS on Wednesday, April 3rd to distribute senior orders at lunch time outside of the cafeteria. If you have ordered anything in addition to a cap and gown, you may pick it up that day. Cap and gowns are held until graduation practice and will be distributed at one of the May practices. If you have not ordered a cap and gown, Josten’s will take your order that day as well.

Attention 1st semester marching band, this is a reminder of the Ocean City St. Patrick’s day parade coming up this weekend. You will have a practice in Mr. Foell’s room this Friday, March 15th during his last period class. Any marching band members who have afternoon tech on Friday will stay back that day and wait for rehearsal. So again, the Ocean City St. Patrick’s Day parade is coming up this Saturday and all 1st semester marching band members have rehearsal on Friday, March 15th in the band room, last period. Be there!

Do you need help with a paper? Would you like someone to help you brainstorm, draft, or revise, or edit your paper for government, science, or English? Schedule an appointment with Seahawk Writing Center at SCHEDULICITY.com under workshops. Each session in Schedulicity is 30 minutes. Get help with your paper, get on your way. Free snack and gift for coming to the Seahawk Writing Center during the month of March and April. That’s SCHEDULICITY.com.

National ENGLISH Honor Society is accepting applications for membership now through Thursday, March 28th. 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students may apply. See any English teacher for a list of requirements and an application. Also, applications will be available at the media center. The application DEADLINE is Thursday, March 28th at 3:00. No applications will be accepted beyond this date and time.

Join the Stephen Decatur Choirs in a Chicken and Dumplings Dinner and a Show, this Friday evening, March 15th from 5:00 until 7:00 in the cafeteria. Tickets are only $10 and meals include Chicken and Dumplings, Mashed Potatoes, and a drink. Desserts and silent auction items will also be available! Can’t stay? No worries! Carry out is available! Please see Mrs. Bradford or any choir member to order tickets or simply pay at the door.

Attention students: TODAY is the last day for the winter session of the After School Academy. After TODAY, there will be no after school transportation until the spring session begins.

Pizza Party! Got your attention, didn’t I? Donate pet food to the KAAAT Club between the dates of March 11th-15th Turn in your pet food to your 5th period class and make sure it has the name of your 5th period teacher. Ready? Set. Donate.

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to this year’s annual March Production “Almost, Maine” by John Cariani on Thursday, March 14th, Friday, March 15th, and Saturday, March 16th at 7:00pm in the Auditorium. There will also be a 1:00 pm matinee on Saturday, March 16th. Tickets are $5 for students, and $10 for adults. For more information, or to purchase tickets online please go to www.decaturtheatre.com. We hope to see you there!

Looking for a summer job, attend the job fair on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 in the gym. You must sign up at the table during your lunch shift. Check with your teachers first to see if you are coming as a class. If you are not coming with your class, then sign up to come! Do not wait until the last minute! Yes! You! Go to the job fair!!!

Seniors! It’s that time that we begin collecting your baby pictures for the 2019 Graduation Ceremony. Please submit ONE baby picture to Mr. Thompson with your name written on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have a digital photo to submit, please email it to [email protected] Pictures can be dropped off in the morning before the 7:57 bell, or in between classes. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!

Thursday, March 14