Thursday, March 14

Today Celebrates: Popcorn Lover’s Day, National Potato Chip Day, and National Pi Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Sauce, Chili With Chips, Steamed kale, Steamed Corn, Diced Peaches, Fresh fruit, And Milk.

Congratulations go out to the Stephen Decatur Symphonic Band for their Excellent rating at Tuesday’s District 5 concert adjudication. Heading to North Dorchester High School, the symphonic band performed extremely well and the judges took notice of that outstanding performance. A great job by everybody involved. All the best goes out to the SDHS concert choir as they enter their concert adjudication next week. Good luck next week choir!

Attention all 1st semester marching band students. The middle of March is here and the St. Patrick’s Day parade is right around the corner. This is a reminder that we will have a marching band practice tomorrow during Mr. Foell’s 5th period class. This rehearsal will include all instrumentalists, colorguard, and band staff involved with Saturday’s parade. Teachers, there will be a list of names of those people who are to report to rehearsal in your mailboxes after school today. That’s Saint Patrick’s parade practice tomorrow, 5th period, in Mr. Foell room. See you then!

Attention students! TODAY, in A-121 from 3:00 until 4:00, the math club will have a forum of former Decatur Grads speaking about their college experience. Jessica Beck from Catholic University, Mary Mergott from the United States Coast Guard Academy, Aryvir Sangwan from UNC and more! QR code to sign up is available outside of A-121. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott if you have any questions.

Decatur Theatre invites you to this year’s March Production of Oscar Wilde’s The Canterville Ghost, adapted by Tim Kelly, and performed with special permission from Concord Theatricals. Performances will be TONIGHT and Tomorrow night at 7:00 pm, and Saturday March 16th at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there!

Stephen Decatur Cheer is back again with their annual fundraiser “Egg My Yard”. If you would like to surprise your kids, neighbors, and/or friends with some easter fun, then let the Cheerleaders deliver candy filled eggs! You can choose from four different egg packages and to have your eggs delivered to your porch or scattered in the yard. Scan the QR code on the flyers or outside of Miss. Johnson classroom C129 to fill out the google doc form. Payment is by cash or check only. Checks should be made payable to Stephen Decatur High School. If paying with cash, please give it to Miss. Johnson in an envelope with your name. Thank you so much for the egg-cellent support!

Did you know that hundreds of thousands of children will be stricken with life threatening illnesses this year? You have the power to help these children and their families! SDHS is sponsoring a school-wide beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow, an organization that treats these children to a stress-free vacation at the beach. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

The Maryland High School Rodeo team traveled to Allentown, New Jersey this past weekend while competing in the March Madness Rodeo. Freshman Jayden Garton had her fastest time ever in barrel racing during a competition. She earned points in pole bending and barrel racing. Freshman Brooke Warren earned a fourth place finish in Barrels and Pole bending on Saturday for the state of Maryland. Brooke also earned a sixth place finish in goat tying, fifth place in pole bending, and a seventh place in barrels for Sundays performance.
Congratulations to all those who participated. While not a “school” team, we find that it’s important to recognize all our student athletes. Want to know more about the High School Rodeo team, please see Mrs. Warren.

At 4:00 PM JV Softball takes on North Dorchester at home

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball battles North Dorchester at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball plays at North Dorchester – dismissal at 1:45

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!