Friday, March 22

Today Celebrates: As Young As You Feel Day and National Goof Off Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Fish Sandwich, Breaded Onion Rings, Steamed Green Beans, Strawberry Cup, Fresh Fruit, And Milk.

Attention Educators Rising/FEA club members. We are leaving today for the Buckingham Elementary School field trip. If you are going and are not currently in Mrs. Stevenson’s room RIGHT NOW, please get there as soon as possible.

Seniors! Jostens will be at school TODAY during all lunches to deliver graduation announcements. Caps and gowns will be delivered at a later date in May. If you have a balance due, Jostens will be accepting cash, check, or money orders. Cap and gown orders will also be accepted today. If you have not ordered your cap and gown yet, please stop by and fill out an order form.

Attention Seniors: There are many scholarships still available on Schoolinks! Free money for college! Please get on Schoolinks and fill out scholarships! Side note – Delmarva Irish IS available and you DO NOT need to be Irish to apply. Some scholarship deadlines are April 1st which is the Monday of Spring Break. If you are working on a scholarships that are due on April 1st, that means that it is really due on March 27th. No one will be here on April 1st to collect your application and April 2nd is past due! Again, seniors, please fill out scholarships!

Class of 2024! Save the Date! On Tuesday, April 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture the senior class Panoramic photo, the photo of your entire class, at 8:05 a.m. in the gym. Tech buses will be held briefly for this photo, so make sure you arrive on time! Seniors will be called down, and the photo will only take a few minutes. If you are late and miss it, then you miss it. Senior Panoramic Photo on Tuesday, April 9th at 8:05 a.m.

Attention all 1st semester Orchestra members, this is a reminder of your upcoming adjudication. We have practice in Mr. Foell’s room on Monday starting at 3:00. This is the final practice we will have before we go to WIHI. Check your mailbox for details concerning next week’s orchestra festival. Again, that’s orchestra practice this Monday, March 25th, after school in Mr. Foell room. See you at 3!

The Seahawk Writing Center is looking for tutors to be trained for late spring and next school year. If you are interested in writing, developing a website, helping others, discussing all types of writing, like after school snacks, and want to help create a new model for the Seahawk Writing Center as it enters its tenth year, see Mrs. Terlizzi before Spring Break. The possibilities are endless when you write your own story!

The Spring Session of the After School Academy begins next week. Given the spring break, after school will only meet on Monday and Tuesday next week. Anyone interested in joining an enrichment or tutorial program, must sign up using the QR code posted on the flyer, or on the school website. After School Academy Spring Session, begins next week.

Decatur Nation! There are only two more days to enter The National English Honor Society Bunny Bonus Basket drawing! Purchase a candy filled egg, for one dollar each, during all lunch shifts TODAY and Monday, March 25th. Each egg has a sweet treat and also a raffle ticket which will be used for the drawing. The more eggs you buy, the more chances you have of winning the prize basket worth over one hundred and fifty dollars! The Drawing will take place on Tuesday, March 26th.

Attention girls’ varsity basketball players who are returning next season: there will be a brief meeting in Coach Tracy’s room at 2:30 today. See you there.

Coaches, DNN wants to share in your celebrations! Remember to send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to be shared on our morning announcements and on the decaturhawk.com. You can assign a student athlete, team manager, or parent to email in announcements by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

At 3:15 PM Girls and Boys Tennis competes at WiHi – dismissal at 2:00

At 3:30 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse takes on WiHi at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball battles Delmar at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball strikes out Delmar at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse takes on Worcester Prep at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!