Monday, April 8

Today Celebrates: All is Ours Day, Draw a Picture of a Bird Day, and Zoo Lover’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mini Pepperoni and Cheese Calzones, Chicken Fajitas, Steamed Turnip Greens, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Fresh Fruit, Applesauce, and Milk.

Class of 2024! Beginning TODAY, you can cast your vote for senior superlatives. You can access the voting link on the DNN Senior News course. You have until next Monday, April 15th to cast your votes! Additionally, we are now accepting baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off during 1st and 2nd periods to the DNN studio. Photos are due by May 17th! Lastly, senior quote submissions will open next week, beginning on Monday, April 15th. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Educators Rising/FEA club will meet Tuesday, April 9 after school in Mrs. Stevensons room. See you there!

Seniors! TOMORROW April 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture the senior class Panoramic photo, the photo of your entire class. Tech buses will be held briefly for this photo, so make sure you arrive on time! Seniors will be called down, and the photo will only take a few minutes. If you are late and miss it, then you miss it. Please see Mr. Thompson or the main office for order forms. Senior Panoramic Photo TOMORROW at 8:05 a.m.

Decatur’s chapter of the National English Honor Society is hosting a membership drive over the next two weeks until April 19th. We are looking for dedicated students who have interest in serving their community, a combined GPA of 3.5 or higher in all English classes, and experience in two English electives. If you’re interested, see any English teacher for an application. For more information on the Seahawk Lyceum, visit the school’s website under extracurricular activities or see Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson.

Calling all writers! The National English Honor Society is holding the 11th Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest. NEHS is taking submissions in two categories, Poetry and Short Story, and monetary prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category, with first place receiving 100 dollars. Submissions are due to Mrs. Terlizzi by 3:00 pm on April 19th. See any English teacher for a submission form.

Attention Volunteers: The deadline for the Presidential Service Award is quickly approaching. All forms are due to Mrs. Thompson in A168 by 3:00 pm on Monday, April 22. Forms will not be accepted after this date. Please see Mrs. Thompson with any questions or for additional service forms.

Students, please check the lost and found tables set up outside of the cafeteria today. We have an abundance of clothing, keys, eyeglasses, and air pods that need reuniting with their owners!

Teachers and staff, this is a friendly reminder that after today’s broadcast, DNN will hold announcements on Thursday only this week. Please plan accordingly.

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball takes on Easton at home

At 4:00 PM JV Softball battles Easton at home

At 4:00 PM Girls and Boys Tennis take on Kent Island at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:00

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:00

At 4:00 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse plays at Saint Peter and Paul – dismissal at 1:15
Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!