• April 23Band concert May 2

• April 17Presidential service forms due on 4/29

• April 17Prom on 4/27

• April 12Seniors continue to bring in baby pictures to Mr. Thompson

Thursday, April 11

Today Celebrates: Eight Track Tape Day, Barbershop Quartet Day, and National Submarine Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken & Waffles, Meatballs in Sweet-n-Savory Gravy, Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli, Chilled Mixed Fruit, and Milk.

Congratulations to Jayden Johnstone for being named ‘Best Witness’ at Worcester County Law Day! He really wowed the judges— and that’s wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwed with 15 w’s!

Decatur Nation! In celebration of the state-wide Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment Weekend, the Ocean City Fire Department invites the public to their events on Saturday, April 13th and Sunday, April 14th – that’s this weekend! Saturday’s events will be held at Station 5 in West Ocean City while Sunday events will take place at the OCFD Headquarters on 14th street. These two events will be opportunities for the community to interact with the Ocean City Volunteer Fire Company. Recruitment information and fire prevention materials, fire extinguisher training, hands-only CPR training, and firefighter demonstrations will be proved, along with light refreshments. For more information, contact the Ocean City Fire Department.

Underclassman! Spring Portraits will take place TOMORROW, Friday, April 12th. Lifetouch will be here to capture your picture. Order forms were distributed during homeroom Friday, and extras are available in the main office and in the DNN studio. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Attention prom goers! The 2019 prom tickets are on sale now! Tickets are $50 this week but that price increases to $55 next week. Before you can buy a prom ticket you must fill out an “I’m Debtless” form. These forms are located outside the Media Center. You must get signed off that you have no Media Center, No school debt and your class dues are paid up.

Please note, class dues and school debts will be collected in the main office at this time. We will no longer be collecting money at lunch so again you must pay all debts in the main office.

Additionally, if you are bringing an out of school guest you must pick up a form and have it filled out and returned by the guest’s school before you can purchase a prom ticket. Those forms are also located outside of the media center. If you have any questions see Mr Greenwood in C174 inbetween classes.

Calling all writers! The Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest happens during Poetry Month. Cash prizes awarded in Poetry, Short Story, and One Act Play categories. Pick up a rules and cover sheet from the media center or any English teacher. Write your way to some spring cash. All entries are due April 30, at 3:00 PM. Don’t forget the Creative Writing Cafe and the Seahawk Writing Center are there to help. Good Luck.

The time is now for a free, that’s right, FREE, spring read. During lunch, make sure to peruse the free books outside the cafeteria. Take one for your spring break reading pleasure. They will be available outside the lunch room while supplies last. Yes, they are free and they are yours to keep or pass to a friend when finished. Enjoy, courtesy of NEHS book drive.

Would you like to see your favorite administrator in a Prom Dress? What about ALL the administrators in a Prom Dress? How much we raise determines who we see in a Prom Dress. Donate NOW during lunch shifts! Starting in increments of one hundred dollars, see Dr. Bunting, Mr. Green, Mr. Sites, Mr. Hill and Mrs. Cater dance through the cafeteria on April 26th. Sponsored by NEHS and SGA.

Atlantic Athlete Outreach is having a used sports equipment drive continuing today until Thursday, April 18. Each item is one point and the winning class gets doughnuts. NO SHOES! Any shoes donated will not count for points. Please contact Mrs. Purnell with any questions.

Seahawk Writing Center meeting today after school. This is your last friendly reminder.

Art Club begins for the Spring session TODAY. We will be taking our club photo for the yearbook. Be prepared to talk about your favorite artwork from the National Gallery and Hirshhorn trip. Please see Mrs. Fardelmann if you have questions.

The Leo Club is having a bake sale after school at the concession stand. All items will be 50 cents. The Leos would love for you to bring your spare change, pick out a sweet snack, and support a good cause.

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Tennis battles Parkside at home

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball takes on Snow Hill at home

At 4:00 PM JV Softball battles Snow Hill at home

Also at 4 Varsity Baseball plays at Snow Hill – dismissal at 2:15

And at 4 Varsity Softball plays at Snow Hill – dismissal also at 2:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!

Thursday, April 11