Tuesday, April 23

Today Celebrates: English Muffin Day, Take a Chance Day, National Picnic Day, and World Laboratory Day!

Lunch for today includes: Scrambled Eggs and Bacon, Popcorn Chicken, Hash Brown Rounds, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Fresh Fruit, Diced Pears, and Milk.

Happy Earth Week, Decatur! Today is “Take one Tuesday”. Today we encourage you to be mindful of the amount of paper towels you use. (Show graphic) The goal is to only take one paper towel each time you wash your hands. 300,000 trees and 350 million gallons of water are used every day to produce our daily usage of paper towels. Decreasing our paper towel usage can save trees, water, and our planet. Tomorrow is Waste Free Wednesday. Please try to pack your lunch using only re-usable products.

The Decatur Film Society will meet TODAY in the DNN Studio. Participations, make sure you have turned in your permission slip for the Spring Session of Film Society or you will not be able to stay for the film. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Do you love to dance? Do you love to perform? Do you want to be a part of a team? Come tryout for next year’s Color Guard! It will take place in the band room from 3:00 until 4:00 TODAY and TOMORROW. You will learn a short routine, basic flag and some dance skills. Please make sure to bring comfortable clothes, shoes, and a water bottle! If you have any additional questions, please go to Ms. Johnson’s room C129 to ask.

Attention Students: The Honor Roll WeXL Banquet will be held on April 30th. Please check the lists posted by the cafeteria during lunch shifts and pick up your invitation. If you plan to attend, we need the RSVP card and your money turned in right away, no later than Friday April 26th. Please everyone check the list for your name!

National English Honor Society members, this is a friendly reminder of our mandatory meeting TOMORROW, in Mrs. Terlizzi’s room.

Seniors! We are accepting baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Class of 2024! The senior quote submission form is still open and will remain open until Friday, April 26th. Only those seniors with senior portraits in the yearbook will get a senior quote. We need at least 175 quote submissions and have only received 70 so far, so get your friends to submit of the class of 2024 will be without quotes. Lastly, inappropriate quotes will be replaced with a generic quote, so be smart and submit on time!

At 4:00 PM Track and Field compete at home during senior night

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Lacrosse plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:00

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball takes on Washington at home

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Tennis battles Bennett at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball plays at Washington – dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball plays at Washington – dismissal at 1:45

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 2:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!