Friday, June 7

Today Celebrates: National Chocolate Ice Cream Day, National Doughnut Day, and VCR Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese Pizza, Hot-n-Spicy Chicken Patty Sandwich, Oven Baked Fries, Steamed Broccoli, Chilled Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! Don’t throw your school supplies in the trash!! Recycle new and gently used school supplies, such as pencils, paper, ring binders, and spiral notebooks, by placing them in the green boxes near your locker. Reduce landfill waste and help a SDHS student in need.

The time has come for class officer and SGA elections! To run for an elected position, students must obtain a Officer Intent Form from the appropriate adviser. For SGA, please see Mrs. Bova or Mrs. Berke in the History Hallway. For rising 10th graders, please see Mrs. Purnell or Mrs. Zervakos in the English Hallway. Rising Juniors need to see Mr. Greenwood in the Math hallway or Ms. Galello in the Art Department. For rising seniors, see Mr. Berquist in the gym or obtain a form outside the CRT office. All forms are due at 9:30 AM TODAY.

Once your form has been turned in AND approved, election campaigns will run until June 10th. On Monday, June 10th, school wide elections will be held during Homeroom in the morning. Worcester Tech students will remain behind for voting. Finally, election results will be announced on June 11th. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Berquist or Mrs. Cater. Good luck to all those running!

We are looking for a family to host an exchange student from Portugal for the next school year. If you or someone you know would like more information about hosting, please contact Señora Putman in room A177 or Señora Sawyer in room A120. Thank you!

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to the department’s final show of the season, “You’re Intolerable!”, a series of devised plays, written by the students. Final Performance takes place TONIGHT, Friday June 7th at 6:30pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information, or to order tickets online, please visit www.decaturtheatre.com. We look forward to seeing you there!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Make it a Fantastic Final Friday Decatur!