Staff in the spotlight

Isy Kristick, Staff Writer

Darlene McCann grew up in Ocean City, MD and attended Salisbury University. McCann has 12 siblings, 10 of which attended Decatur. She studied French in Martinique, a French island in the Caribbean. Additionally, she used to own a Harley Davidson but now sticks to riding her lawn mower recklessly.  

Sabra McIntosh grew up in Berlin, MD. She attended Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA and earned a bachelor’s degree in English. During her time at Dickinson, she also studied Italian in Perugia, Italy. After graduating she worked at several law firms in Pittsburgh and Seattle for 10 years. Being drawn to the desirable scenery of Maryland, she returned and received her master’s degree in teaching at Salisbury University.  

Thomas Hinkle grew up in Baltimore City, and attended Radford University for his undergraduate degree and Loyola University for his masters. Additionally, he won the White Marlin Open two timesonce in 2008 and the second time in 2019. 

James Krall grew up in Peachtree City, GA and attended Salisbury University and the University of Maryland. Krall appeared on ESPN in 1999 for a national golf tournament in which his team placed second place in the country. 

Scott Kurtz grew up in Connellsville, PA which is approximately 45 miles outside of Pittsburgh. He attended the University of Pittsburgh, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, California University of Pennsylvania, and received his masters from Salisbury University. While in high school Kurtz lettered in five sports and starred in three musicals.