Decatur shows pride through pep rally followed by Homecoming football game

Hannah Johnstone and Jamie Adams

On Oct. 4 Decatur pride was evident during this year’s pep rally that was later followed by the homecoming football game. Throughout the pep rally, students participated in activities such as a lip sync battle and relay races. The Senior Class dressed up to go along with their theme of “Breaking out of High School” and walked down the track to show off their school spirit. The homecoming princes were recognized and escorted onto the field being accompanied by their guardians. Senior Brandon Manuel was victorious as he was crowned Homecoming Prince. Fall student athletes were also recognized and the Decatur band put on a performance.

Students returned to the school later that night to show their support, and eager to watch Decatur battle Kent Island.  The stands were filled with students, teachers, and family who were all routing for their home team.  The theme for the game was Blue Out,” so fans were dressed head to toe in blue. During half-time, the homecoming princesses were escorted by their guardians onto the field as the winning princess waited to be announced. Senior Abby Yesko was crowned Homecoming Princess. Although the ending score was a defeat of 38-3, the football team played with pride and dignity.