Courtesy of Creative Commons

Another swipe at impeachment

Opponents to Trump are pushing for impeachment and believe the president overstepped his boundaries and abused his power as the leader of the free world. They say Trump told Zelensky that if an investigation was not opened, there would be a withdrawal of arms and foreign aid to Ukraine. However, there was no talk of any withdrawal of any aid or sale of arms. Those who call for the Commander in Chief’s impeachmentalso believe that he is meddling in the 2020 election. Sophomore Tai Scordo remarks “I believe we should look into the president’s business dealings and his actions as president. The impeachment is definitely a good thing.”  Nancy Pelosi, the Speaker of the House, is heading the impeachment inquiry. Maxine Waters, a member of the House of Representatives from California and another supporter of the inquiry, said, “Impeachment is not good enough for Trump. He needs to be imprisoned and placed in solitary confinement.”        

Those against the impeachment of the president do not believe there was any wrong done in the election and it was merely one world leader asking another for a favor. Supporters of Trump argue that he asked for an investigation and did not overstep boundaries, therefore not abusing his power as the president. Junior Eric Berry believes “The whole inquiry is a waste of time. It’s just a distraction and will end up like the rest of the fake scandals.” 

This is yet another swipe at impeachmentDemocratic politicians have wanted impeachment since the moment he was elected Any misstep of the administration has been magnified and there has been the Russia collusion investigation which turned out to lead nowhere. These shameful investigations have repeatedly turned up with nothing, yet congress continues to waste their time and our taxpayer money to investigate these false claims of collusion and absent abuses of power.  

The truth behind the transcript is that Trump congratulated Zelensky on his win in the parliamentary election, as well as talked about how greatly Ukraine has been treated by the states. The president recommended Zelensky investigate Biden’s relations with Ukraine, no deal was made or discussed. Those who want impeachment are making a mountain out of a molehillthey have been actively searching for a reason and will hold onto any possibility only because they do not like him and are unhappy with his presidency. Any attempt at impeachment is a partisan ploy and will only further divide the country. We will watch as this molehill either grows or is knocked over like every other attempt at impeachment. 

The Hawk • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in