Wednesday, October 9

Today Celebrates: Curious Events Day, Fire Prevention Day, and Moldy Cheese Day!

Lunch for today includes: Turkey Cold Cut Sub, Mini Cheese Calzones with Marinara Sauce, Steamed Corn, Steamed Zucchini, Chilled Applesauce, Roll, and Milk.

Today’s Weather is cloudy and windy with passing showers. Winds higher on the coast with some coastal flooding possible, and dangerous surf conditions. Highs in the low 60s.

Attention all those who purchased a 2019 yearbook last year… the books have finally arrived! Yearbook Distribution will take place this Friday, October 11th in the cafeteria at 2:15. Only those who pre-ordered a yearbook will be permitted to collect their books on Friday. An announcement will be made IF there are extra copies available for purchase at a later date. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Listen up seniors! Continue to sign up for the college visits on Naviance. Upcoming college visits are as follows: Frostburg State University and Christopher Newport University on October 10th, as well as Radford University on the 11th. On October 24th UMES will be here doing On-Site Admissions. If you have any interest in attending a Division 1 University close to home, sign up for this college visit on Naviance and hopefully get accepted On-Site! If you have any questions please stop by guidance!

Additionally, if you are interested in participating in the On-Site Admission opportunity with Salisbury University, you MUST come to the guidance office add your name to the list! Deadline to sign up will be October 25th! Again, you MUST physically come into the guidance office for this opportunity!

Decatur! Picture day is quickly approaching and will take place on Tuesday, October 15th. Order forms will be distributed this week in your first period class. All underclassmen and faculty will have their photos taken for the yearbook, so please plan on being present, Tuesday, October 15th. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Are you already borrowing pencils from your classmates? Borrow no more! The National English Honor Society has extended their school supply fundraiser to be open every Wednesday. Pick up your supplies in the ticket booth before school and during lunches.

Key Club wants to send a huge thank you to all student body and staff who participated in the UNICEF Fundraiser during homecoming week. With the donations from the lunch shifts and the bake sale at the homecoming game, we made a total of….. (Drumroll please) $916! This amount has surpassed our past donations by three times the amounts from previous years. Also, reminder that today, October 9th right after school, there will be a Key Club meeting in room C-180, Ms. Saullo’s. Be sure to bring your dues!

Mark your calendars Decatur, the Key Club Chipotle Fundraiser will take place on October 14 from 4 until 8 pm. Come support a good cause while enjoying some delicious food!

Art club is cancelled this Thursday, October 10th. Our next meeting will be WEDNESDAY, October 16th. After school transportation will be available through the After School Academy. Pick up your Haunted Halls poster to complete it if you cannot make the Wednesday meeting.
Please see Mrs. Fardelmann if you have any questions.

The first meeting for United As One, a gay-straight alliance club, is TOMORROW, Thursday October 10th right after school in MS. Patnode’s room, C129. Have any questions, feel free to stop by. Meeting should be done around 3:30

Attention all students, there will a SADD meeting TODAY, Wednesday October 9th in A-156 at 2:50. Any student who wishes to be a part of SADD is welcome to attend. Please see Ms. Tunnell if you have any questions.

Last night the boys varsity soccer team pulled out a tight 1 to 0 win over county rival Pocomoke High School. After a silent first half Emmanuel Arrow found the back of the net off of a Kellen Catrino assist to put the boys up 1-0 with 15 minutes left in the game. The Squid Squad continued to lock down the defensive end and hold Pocomoke scoreless for the remainder of the game. Aidan Jones recorded three saves on the night to keep the clean sheet. The win moves the boys to 8 and 1 in the season. The next game is tomorrow at Kent Island High School. Come out next Tuesday to see the boys take on Washington High School at home. Keep up the good work boys!

Congratulations to the Boys Cross Country team for placing 2nd in a 7 team meet yesterday at Salisbury City Park. Scoring for the Seahawks were: Tristan Dutton 2nd, Liam Foley 5th, Kai Ross 9th, Silas Cassio 12th and Aryavir Sangwan 13th.

Congratulations to the girls cross country team for placing 1st in a 7 team meet yesterday at Salisbury City Park. Scoring for the Seahawks were: Mary Mergott 1st, Devon Kramer 5th, Avery Braciszewski 6th, Ellie Dutton 7th and Mackenzie Cathell 8th.

At 10:00 AM Varsity Golf competes at the Queenstown Golf Course – dismissal at 8:15

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball takes on WiHi at home

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball battles WiHi at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!