Adoptable pets of the week

Adoptable pets of the week

The Worcester County Humane Society has many homeless animals that are looking for loving homes.

Courtesy of the Worcester County Humane Society

Marly Brooks, Staff Writer

For the remainder of the fall semester, The Hawk will be posting two animals from the Worcester County Humane Society. Each week an adoptable dog and cat will be featured with their biography. If interested in adopting a pet, the Worcester County Humane Society can be reached at 410-213-0146, or visit them at 12330 Eagles Nest Rd., Berlin, MD 21811.

Dixie is a super sweet hound mix dog. Dixie loves to cuddle and play and is looking for a friend who has the same interests. She is very gentile and always wants to be held by someone. Dixie has a lot of spunk but is a very docile young girl who would fit well in any home. She is around four years old and is excited to find her new owner! 

Black Bean is a very kind two-year-old cat. She is a black domestic short hair who would make great company. Black Bean was a parent to the soup litter and now is looking for her forever home. Bean is the sweetest kitty. She is a little spunky and sometimes plays rough, but she loves affection. Even though she is still not keen on being picked up, but she will get there.