Tuesday, February 11

Today Celebrates: Make a Friend Day, National Inventors Day, and Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day!

Lunch for today includes: Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Spaghetti with Breadstick, Bake Tater Tots, Steamed Carrots, Chilled Mixed Fruit, Roll, and Milk.

Students and Staff! This Friday, Lifetouch will be holding additional Picture Day Retakes. A list of students will be emailed later today with appointment times, please only send those students down at their designated time. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Please plan to attend the Media Expo this Thursday, February 13 at Worcester Technical High School. Entries may be viewed from 5 to 6, followed promptly by the Awards Ceremony.

Rho Kappa is holding a Presidents day fundraiser! Vote during your lunch shifts for which administration you would like to see dressed as a Founding Father!

Thank you to the early signups for the blood drive. The drive is Tuesday, March 3rd in the gym. We have 61 donation slots to fill between 8:45 AM and 12:30 PM. Please sign up soon the blood bank brings extra help. Forms are available from Ms. Malone, Ms. McIntosh and any Key Club member. Remember that the donations grow the scholarship fund. Key Club thanks you.

This February, NEHS is hosting the African American Read-In in the Media Center. The event will take place on February 19th after school from 3:00 to 4:00. Come on in the Media Center and read a famous piece from an African American author! NEHS will also be collecting elementary school books from the 18th through the 21st. If you have any questions about this event see Mrs. Terlizzi!

What’s better than a Valentines Day card? A Compliment Card! The Leo Club is selling Compliment Cards during lunch for only $1. Brighten someone’s day on February 14th when they receive a special card from you with Dum-Dums attached. Buy one for your special someone, friends, or a teacher who cares. Get yours today!

As we begin the third week of the spring semester, make sure you have all the supplies you need to succeed! The National English Honor Society’s school supply store, located behind the indoor concession stand will be open every Wednesday, during all lunch shifts! Stock up on supplies while saving money!

The Stephen Decatur Gay – Sexuality Alliance group will be meeting TOMORROW, February 12th at 3 pm in Ms. Patnode’s room, C129. This group is to encourage acceptance and an alliance among all students. We have an open door policy and would love anyone interested in meeting and helping support each other to stop by. If you have any questions feel free to see Ms. Patnode!

Worcester Technical High School will be holding a Trades and Human Services Night this evening beginning at 5:30 pm. All current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders are invited to come out for an informational night to learn about the courses of study in the trades and human services. Please see the flyer posted outside of the DNN studio for list of courses.

Congrats to the JV girls basketball team on their win over Queen Annes. The team was led by Jessica Becks 12 points.

Lady Seahawks won a big home game last night against Queen Anne’s. Leading scorers were Nadia Bullock with 17 points, Mayah Garner with 13 points, and Sarah Engle with 9 points. Girls are back in action this evening at Mardela. Good Luck ladies!!

This Wednesday SDHS will host the Wrestling Regional Duel meet. The start time is 5:30pm and the admission is $6. No passes, family or athletic, will be accepted because it is a state event. Again, everyone will have to pay $6 to get in the wrestling meet Wednesday night.

Anyone that did not attend the boys and girls tennis interest meeting on Friday, please see Mr. Greenwood in between classes in C-174 ASAP to pick up the information packet.

At 4:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Mardela – dismissal at 1:45

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Mardela – dismissal at 1:45

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Remember to tune in to channel 37 tomorrow as DNN goes live! Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!