Wednesday, February 12

Today Celebrates: National Lost Penny Day, Plum Pudding Day, and Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday!

Lunch for today includes: Baked Cheese Max Sticks, Meatballs with Brown Gravy, Whipped Potatoes with Gravy, Steamed Oriental Blend, Chilled Pears, Roll and Milk.

Students and Staff! This Friday, Lifetouch will be holding additional Picture Day Retakes due to issues with the photographers back in October. A list of students has been mailed out with appointment times, please only send those students down at their designated time. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Attention Singers! Worcester County Public schools is looking for talented vocalists to be featured at the Teacher of the Year Gala on March 27th! Auditions are open to any soloist or small groups less than 5. Please see a flyer outside the DNN studio or Mrs. Powell to register.

Decatur Nation! On February 21st, Key Club is hosting a Yard Sale fundraiser in the gym from 3 until 7 PM! Be sure to check out amazing deals the club has to offer with gadgets and gizmos aplenty! If you can not stop by that Friday, be sure to visit the Ocean Pines Recreation Center from 8 AM until 11 AM on Saturday! Get a bite to eat at the Kiwanis Pancake breakfast while exploring various items at a bargain price!

Rho Kappa is holding a Presidents day fundraiser! Vote during your lunch shifts for which administrator you would like to see dressed as a Founding Father!

Thank you to the early signups for the blood drive. The drive is Tuesday, March 3rd in the gym. Please sign up soon so that the blood bank brings extra help. Forms are available from Ms. Malone, Ms. McIntosh and any Key Club member. Key Club thanks you.

NEHS is hosting the African American Read-In in the Media Center on February 19th after school from 3:00 to 4:00. Come on in the Media Center and read a famous piece from an African American author! NEHS will also be collecting elementary school books from the 18th through the 21st. If you have any questions about this event see Mrs. Terlizzi!

What’s better than a Valentines Day card? A Compliment Card! The Leo Club is selling Compliment Cards during lunch for only $1. Brighten someone’s day on February 14th when they receive a special card from you with Dum-Dums attached. Buy one for your special someone, friends, or a teacher who cares. Get yours today!

Spring semester is rolling ahead, so make sure you have all the supplies you need to succeed! The National English Honor Society’s school supply store, located behind the indoor concession stand will be open every Wednesday, including TODAY, during all lunch shifts! Stock up on supplies while saving money!

Please plan to attend the Media Expo this Thursday, February 13 at Worcester Technical High School. Entries may be viewed from 5 to 6, followed promptly by the Awards Ceremony.

The Stephen Decatur Gay – Sexuality Alliance group will be meeting TODAY, February 12th at 3:00 pm in Ms. Patnode’s room, C129. This group is to encourage acceptance and an alliance among all students. We have an open door policy and would love anyone interested in meeting and helping support each other to stop by. If you have any questions feel free to see Ms. Patnode!

Our Lady Seahawks defeated Mardela last night with a score of 73 to 8. Leading scorers were: Shelby Rosemond with 17 points. Nadia Bullock, Jess Janney, and Mayah Garner each had 10 points. And Sarah Engle and Summer Vorsteg each added 7 points. The girls are now 14 and 4, with a big game Thursday at Bennett.

TONIGHT! SDHS will host the Wrestling Regional Duel meet. The admission is $6. No passes, family or athletic, will be accepted because it is a state event. Again, everyone will have to pay $6 to get in the wrestling meet this evening.

There will be boys lacrosse drop ins this Saturday, from 11 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in the stadium.

Anyone that did not attend the boys and girls tennis interest meeting on Friday, please see Mr. Greenwood in between classes in C-174 ASAP to pick up the information packet.

At 4:00 PM Decatur Wrestling Hosts Regionals Duel Meet

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!