Friday, February 14

Today Celebrates: Ferris Wheel Day, National Organ Donor Day, and Valentine’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Hot Dog on a Roll, Baked Potato Wedge, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Chilled Strawberry Cups, Cookie, Roll and Milk.

Students and Staff! TODAY, Lifetouch will be holding additional Picture Day Retakes. A list of students has been mailed out with appointment times, please only send those students down at their designated time to the media center classroom. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Congratulations to the students who entered photographs in Media Expo. Elaina Parsons won a Gold. Alexandria Urbanski won a Silver. Kiersen Thorne won a Silver. Lydia Woodley won a Gold. Kim Kaufman won two Silvers and one Gold. Zehra Mirza won one Silver and three Golds. Please stop by the Media Center to see the exceptional photographs on exhibit in the Media Center.

Attention Singers! Worcester County Public schools is looking for talented vocalists to be featured at the Teacher of the Year Gala on March 27th! Auditions are open to any soloist or small groups less than 5. Please see a flyer outside the DNN studio to register.

Continue to bring in sports equipment and shoe donations to your first period class throughout the month of February. The top 3 classes will win donuts, so don’t miss out on this delicious opportunity! Sponsored by Atlantic Athlete Outreach.

NEHS is hosting the African American Read-In in the Media Center on February 19th after school from 3:00 to 4:00. Come on in the Media Center and read a famous piece from an African American author! NEHS will also be collecting elementary school books from the 18th through the 21st. If you have any questions about this event see Mrs. Terlizzi!

Decatur! On February 21st, Key Club is hosting a Yard Sale fundraiser in the cafeteria from 3 until 7 PM! Be sure to check out amazing deals the club has to offer with gadgets and gizmos aplenty! If you can not stop by that Friday, be sure to visit the Ocean Pines Recreation Center from 8 AM until 11 AM on Saturday! Get a bite to eat at the Kiwanis Pancake breakfast while exploring various items at a bargain price!

Decatur Nation! Next Wednesday, volunteers will be in during all lunch shifts with Voter Registration Application Forms. Students can take the voter registration form to anyone who needs one. Additionally, voter registration is open to anyone 16 years old. Don’t miss this opportunity to have your voice heard.

Rho Kappa is holding a Presidents day fundraiser! Vote during your lunch shifts for which administrator you would like to see dressed as a Founding Father! Today is your last chance to vote, make it count!

Congrats to the girls JV Basketball for their third win in a row over Bennett 30 to 23. The team was led by Jessica Beck’s 18 points.

There will be boys lacrosse drop ins this Saturday, from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in the stadium.

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Basketball takes on Bennett at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibilities. Have a Lovely Friday Decatur!