Thursday, March 5

Today Celebrates: Multiple Personality Day and National Hospitalist Day!

Lunch for today includes: Baked Chicken Smackers, Breaded Mozzarella Sticks With Marinara, Baked Onion Rings, Baked Beans, Chilled Applesauce, Roll, and Milk.

The winter session of the After School Academy ends on Thursday, March 12th. After that time, after school transportation will not be available until the spring session begins following spring break. Please plan accordingly.

Students! Turn in your scheduling sheet to the guidance office ASAP! That means TODAY! We need all sheets turned in so that we can start the next step of scheduling. If you are holding on to it because you have questions, please bring it to guidance and ask your questions. We NEED ALL scheduling sheets to return to guidance. Also, any student wanting to drive to Wor-Wic for Dual Enrollment in the fall, first semester of next year, you must apply to Wor-Wic online and come by guidance to pick up a Dual Enrollment packet.

Seniors! Next Monday, March 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture Cap and Gown Pictures. A full list of appointments is posted outside the media center and the DNN Studio. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

It’s also that time of year seniors when we collect baby pictures for the graduation video. Please email photos to [email protected] with your name in the subject line, or drop off hard copies to the DNN studio with your name on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Calling all pizza and pie lovers! Pi Day is quickly approaching! Sign up outside of room A129, Mrs. Ebelein’s room TODAY.

Any junior who missed the meeting on Monday should see Mrs. Wells in the Curriculum Office to pick up paperwork for a FREE ACT Administration on April 4th. Limited spots are available, so be sure to see her as soon as possible.

Have you signed the pledge yet? Make sure you stop by the table in the cafeteria to sign a pledge card, a signed card enters you in a drawing for a prize. Additionally, take some time today to sign the banner in the main hallway! Who will you sign for, a friend, classmate, teacher, administrator, parent? And remember, if you see or hear something, say something!

Calling all students, faculty, and staff. Please continue to bring in your spent markers to be repurposed through the ColorCycle Recycling Program. There is a collection box in the main office. We’ve already saved over 50 pounds of markers from going into our landfills! These markers are being repurposed by using advanced plastic conversion techniques to make wax compounds for asphalt and roofing shingles. Let’s keep recycling Decatur!!

How much value do your memories hold? Memories are priceless, and they fade over time. Hold on to the memories by ordering your copy of the 2020 Seahawk Yearbook. Order at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 90 dollars but use coupon code Lucky20 at checkout to receive an additional 10 dollars off. Only good until the 20th!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!