Friday, March 6

Today Celebrates: National Frozen Food Day, Employee Appreciation Day, and World Day of Prayer.

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese or Chicken Buffalo Pizza, Cheeseburger, Seasoned Spiral Cut Fries, Steamed Turnip Greens, Chilled Mixed Berry Cups, and Milk.

The winter session of the After School Academy ends on Thursday, March 12th. After that time, after school transportation will not be available until the spring session begins following spring break. Please plan accordingly.

Seniors! Next Monday, March 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture Cap and Gown Pictures. A full list of appointments is posted outside the media center and the DNN Studio. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

It’s also that time of year seniors when we collect baby pictures for the graduation video. Please email photos to [email protected] with your name in the subject line, or drop off hard copies to the DNN studio with your name on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Calling all pizza and pie lovers! (Roll Pi Day Video 0:55) TODAY is the final day to sign up for this fun and tasty competition! Sign up outside of room A129, Mrs. Ebelein’s room ASAP.

Students! Turn in your scheduling sheet to the guidance office ASAP! That means TODAY! We need all sheets turned in so that we can start the next step of scheduling. If you are holding on to it because you have questions, please bring it to guidance and ask your questions. We NEED ALL scheduling sheets to return to guidance. Also, any student wanting to drive to Wor-Wic for Dual Enrollment in the fall, first semester of next year, you must apply to Wor-Wic online and come by guidance to pick up a Dual Enrollment packet.

There are several community activities planned around the book, In the Heart of the Sea, written by Nathaniel Philbrick. There are free copies of the book in the Media Center.
There will be movie screenings of “In the Heart of the Sea, at the Berlin branch of Worcester County Library on Wednesday, March 11 and Wednesday, May 6. The author, Nathaniel Philbrick, will be speaking in our auditorium April 2 at 7:00 pm. The fiction book, Moby Dick, is based on this true account taken from diaries of the crew on the Whaleship Essex.

Have you signed the pledge yet? (Roll video 2:18) And remember, if you see or hear something, say something!

How much value do your memories hold? Memories are priceless, and they fade over time. Hold on to the memories by ordering your copy of the 2020 Seahawk Yearbook. Order at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 90 dollars but use coupon code Lucky20 at checkout to receive an additional 10 dollars off. Only good until the 20th!

Calling all students, faculty, and staff. Please continue to bring in your spent markers to be repurposed through the ColorCycle Recycling Program. There is a collection box in the main office. We’ve already saved over 50 pounds of markers from going into our landfills! These markers are being repurposed by using advanced plastic conversion techniques to make wax compounds for asphalt and roofing shingles. Let’s keep recycling Decatur!!

If you missed the announcements, or need to check back on a date of an event, make sure you check out decaturhawk.com for a full list of the announcements! Posted every day, announcements are located under the tab AM announcements!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!