Tuesday, March 10

Today Celebrates: International Day of Awesomeness, Middle Name Pride Day, and Harriet Tubman Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Fajitas, Spaghetti with Breadstick, Baked Tater Tots, Steamed Baby Carrots, Chilled Mixed Fruit, and Milk.

Attention National Honor Society Inductees. The list is now posted along the CRT hallway. We will have a very brief but important informational meeting TODAY at 9:20 in the cafeteria and again in the afternoon for those students who missed the morning meeting. Students will be called. Please be prompt and ready to listen as there is a lot of information to obtain.

Kristen Cantor from Lycoming College will visit on March 16 at 11:00 in the Guidance Office Career Room. Sign up in Naviance.

Seniors! It’s also that time of year seniors when we collect baby pictures for the graduation video. Please email photos to [email protected] with your name in the subject line, or drop off hard copies to the DNN studio with your name on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

The winter session of the After School Academy ends this week on Thursday, March 12th. After that time, after school transportation will not be available until the spring session begins following spring break. Please plan accordingly.

Looking for a summer job? Then, attend the Job Fair on Thursday, March 26, in the gymnasium. You must come with your class or sign up at lunch to attend. Sign ups will take place on Monday, March 16th and Tuesday the 17th. We want all to attend and hopefully gain employment. Make sure to check with your teacher to see if your class is coming. If not please sign up during lunch on the days mentioned.

Do you want a class pizza party? Then donate to the Kids Against Animal Abuse and Testing Club’s annual pet food drive! Donations can be brought to your fifth period class until March 20th. The class with the most pet food will win a pizza party. See Mrs. K Patrick if you have questions.

Students! Turn in your scheduling sheet to the guidance office ASAP! We need all sheets turned in so that we can start the next step of scheduling. If you are holding on to it because you have questions, please bring it to guidance and ask your questions. Also, any student wanting to drive to Wor-Wic for Dual Enrollment in the fall, you must apply to Wor-Wic online and come by guidance to pick up a Dual Enrollment packet.

Attention 1st semester marching band folks. This includes colorguard as well as instrumentalists that were only in the Fall semester class. This is a reminder of the St. Patrick’s day parade practice happening this Thursday, 5th period, in Mr. Foell’s classroom. If you are an afternoon Worcester Tech student, then you will stay in the bandroom both 4th and 5th periods. So again, this reminder goes out to all 1st semester marching band students, we have a St. Patrick’s Day parade practice this Thursday, March 12th, during 5th period in Mr. Foell’s room.

Calling all students, faculty, and staff. Please continue to bring in your spent markers to be repurposed through the ColorCycle Recycling Program. There is a collection box in the main office. We’ve already saved over 50 pounds of markers from going into our landfills! These markers are being repurposed by using advanced plastic conversion techniques to make wax compounds for asphalt and roofing shingles. Let’s keep recycling Decatur!!

How much value do your memories hold? Memories are priceless, and they fade over time. Hold on to the memories by ordering your copy of the 2020 Seahawk Yearbook. Order at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 90 dollars but use coupon code Lucky20 at checkout to receive an additional 10 dollars off. Only good until the 20th!

Decatur Nation! We are celebrating Pi Day TODAY! Come support Mu Alpha Theta at 6:00 pm with fun circular actives. If you can’t attend, please stop by the bake sale right after school.

Bocce team will practice today right after school. Meet in the Guidance Office.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!