Thursday, March 12

Today Celebrates: Plant a Flower Day, Girl Scouts Day, and Popcorn Lover’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Nachos with Beef Filling, Baked Chicken Nuggets with Dipping Sauce, Baked Beans, Steamed Kale, Sliced Oranges, Roll, and Milk.

Congratulations goes out to the Stephen Decatur Symphonic band for earning an excellent rating at yesterday’s concert adjudication. All symphonic members performed very well and the judges recognized an outstanding effort. Great Job Symphonic Band!!

A special Congratulations goes out to our very own Officer Reed for being named the Worcester County Deputy of the Month for February! Thanks for all you do Officer Reed!

TODAY is the final day of the winter session of the After School Academy! After school transportation will not be available until the spring session begins following spring break. Please plan accordingly.

Seniors! Keep bringing in those baby pictures! Please email photos to [email protected] with your name in the subject line, or drop off hard copies to the DNN studio with your name on the back. These photos will be scanned and returned to you. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Thompson.

Additionally seniors, the representative from Lycoming College will visit on March 16 at 11:00 in the Guidance Office Career Room. Sign up in Naviance.

Decatur Nation! Many library books are due TOMORROW, March 13. Please return or renew them ASAP.

National English Honor Society is holding its annual membership drive. If you think you have what it takes to be a part of National English Honor Society, see any English teacher for more details and an application. All applications are due by 3:00 pm on March 31st. No late applications will be accepted.

Looking for a summer job? Then, attend the Job Fair on Thursday, March 26, in the gymnasium. You must come with your class or sign up at lunch to attend. Sign ups will take place on Monday, March 16th and Tuesday the 17th. We want all to attend and hopefully gain employment. Make sure to check with your teacher to see if your class is coming. If not please sign up during lunch on the days mentioned.

Decatur Nation! Does poetry interest you? Do you like to express your ideas in poetic form? Is public speaking something you would like to explore? Would you desire to showcase your skills at a public event? Then Pome is for you. (Roll Video 0:32) This is a student-led group that will meet on Wednesday afternoons from 2:45 until 3:30. See Mrs. Stevenson in the English Office or senior Edmund Anaman to express interest. Don’t let your creative gifts go to waste.

Do you want a class pizza party? Then donate to the Kids Against Animal Abuse and Testing Club’s annual pet food drive! Donations can be brought to your fifth period class until March 20th. The class with the most pet food will win a pizza party. See Mrs. K Patrick if you have questions.

Attention first semester marching band folks. This includes colorguard and instrumentalists that were only in the Fall semester class. This is a reminder of the St. Patrick’s day parade practice happening TODAY, during Mr. Foell’s last period class.

Since Friday is a half day, we will need to meet for rehearsal during, 5th period TODAY, in Mr. Foell’s classroom. Remember, any marching band afternoon Worcester Tech students will need to stay behind in the bandroom for both 4th and 5th periods. So once again, this reminder goes out to all 1st semester marching band students, we have a St. Patrick’s parade practice this Thursday, March 12th, during 5th period in Mr. Foell’s room. See you then.

How much value do your memories hold? Memories are priceless, and they fade over time. Hold on to the memories by ordering your copy of the 2020 Seahawk Yearbook. Order at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 90 dollars but use coupon code Lucky20 at checkout to receive an additional 10 dollars off. Only good until the 20th!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!