Seahawk staff works to finish yearbook

Courtesy of Walsworth Yearbook

Walsworth Yearbook is accepting donations to purchase yearbooks for seniors.

Seahawk staff press release

Berlin, Md., May 6, 2020 – Even though the 2019-20 school year has been disrupted and students won’t be able to participate in many springtime traditions, one part of the year will remain the same: the yearbook. The staff of the Stephen Decatur High School yearbook has been working hard in never-before-experienced conditions to complete their yearbook and provide lasting memories of the entire year.  

“The work that has gone into this year’s issue of the yearbook has been different from years past, for obvious reasons. But everyone is coming together as a staff with amazing ideas to make this issue special.” said Seahawk yearbook Editor in Chief, Elizabeth Dutton. “This year’s issue is really going to show how connected we are as a school community. I know it’s going to be great and I am proud to be a part of this year’s staff.”  

The COVID-19 pandemic changed many plans for this yearbook staff. Spring sports, the bi-annual Europe Trip, Prom, honor society inductions, and numerous other events and activities were canceled, Yet, work continues remotely, pages were adjusted, and celebrations continue throughout the pages of the book. Staff members worked through these challenges, and students at Decatur can expect to receive their books on schedule, in the fall. This is an accomplishment that reflects the dedication and commitment of the Seahawk yearbook staff.   

“I am extremely proud of the hard work I’ve seen from the yearbook staff, especially while dealing with what is going on and the loss of those special moments only experienced in high school,” said Seahawk yearbook adviser Dj Thompson. “It’s because of their hard work and the tremendous support from administration and faulty, that we have such an amazing yearbook.”  

This year, with seniors missing many pivotal high school events, community members are invited to sponsor a senior by purchasing a yearbook for a senior who otherwise would not be able to get one. Walsworth Yearbook has created a way to purchase a yearbook as a “Senior Angel” which allows people to anonymously donate a yearbook to a senior. When purchasing enter “Senior” for student first name and “Angel” for student last name. Then you will follow the steps to purchase. If you have a certain senior that you would like to sponsor, you may also enter their name. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Thompson at [email protected]. 

We will never forget all that happened this year. Decades from now these students will be able to revisit their memories of the entire school year with a Seahawk yearbook. Although students are missing many springtime school highlights, they won’t miss out on a yearbook to remember the whole year. You can purchase your copy at yearbookforever.com 

Dj Thompson, [email protected]