Debuting+in+2018%2C+Mario+Kart+will+be+coming+to+smartphones+worldwide%21+More+details+are+expected+to+be+released+soon.+
Debuting in 2018, Mario Kart will be coming to smartphones worldwide! More details are expected to be released soon.

Photo courtesy of Nintendo of America

Photo courtesy of Nintendo of America

Nintendo of America set to debut Mario Kart on smartphones

Three, two, one… Start your engines! A version of Mario Kart, a popular childhood game from the 90s, is coming to your smartphone.

In an announcement made by Nintendo of America’s Twitter account on Jan. 31, the gaming network proposed ‘Mario Kart Tour,’ starting a social media frenzy. Fans of Nintendo across the world are ecstatic as ‘Mario Kart Tour’ is set to be available on handheld devices.

As of now, little information has been released, though based on pictures, fans can expect to see the return of classic characters such as Mario, Luigi, and Peach, as well as some new faces.

In an investor presentation, Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima announced, “We plan to release a smart-device application from the ‘Mario Kart’ franchise, ‘Mario Kart Tour,’ during the next financial year (from April 2018 to March 2019). We will announce further details at a later date.”

According to businessinsider.com, based off of “Super Mario Run,” users can expect the game to be free, but certain additional features will likely come at a premium.

Business Insider reached out to a Nintendo representative regarding specific game details but was informed no further information will be released at the moment.

The Hawk • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in