Monday, October 18

Today Celebrates: National Meatloaf Appreciation Day and No Beard Day!

Lunch for today includes: Baked Rotini with Breadstick, Ham and Cheese on Hawaiian Bun, Steamed Spinach, Chilled Pears, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! Happy Homecoming week! Remember, the most spirited class will win the week! Dress for each day and attend evening events to earn your class points! Be sure to check in at the tables during your lunch shift for credit! Today is “Back to the Future” Day, showing support by wearing your favorite team or college, while tonight is the first ever Pickleball competition in the tennis courts! Tomorrow is Character Day with Smish Smosh taking place in the stadium. Wednesday we have a battle between Country and Country Club with Powerpuff in the stadium that night. Thursday is Decades Day! Each class has their own decade to celebrate, so check the flyers around school! Remember to wear your Homecoming T-Shirt on Friday and wear Neon to the Homecoming Football game Friday evening! Let’s make this a fantastic week Decatur!

The homecoming t-shirts have hit a snag in production. We anticipate arrival tomorrow for lunch sales. Shirts will be $15. There are only a limited number available. Don’t forget to grab yours before they’re gone.

DNN invites all students to the Homecoming Dance, a 50’s Sock Hop, this Saturday from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm in the stadium! Entry is 10 dollars for each student, and remember, no heels are permitted on the field! We can’t wait to see everyone there!

Seniors, if you missed senior portraits over the summer. retakes will take place on October 25th, 26th, and 27th at school. You must sign up for them beforehand. Packets have been mailed home from Lifetouch and should arrive soon. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Many library books are due today. Please renew them or return them today!

Attention Seniors: If you are planning on attending any form of college next year, whether it is a 2 year or 4 year, YOU MUST complete the FAFSA. This is done by using your parents tax information. There is a very helpful, almost must attend Virtual FAFSA Information session on October 19th starting at 5pm. Please save the date and make sure at least one parent/guadian can attend the virtual meeting with you! If you have any questions about sign up please come by guidance!

Need help getting started on a paper? Revising a paper? Is the writing process perplexing you? From lab reports to DBQs, and everything in between, come to the Seahawk Writing Center in Room B1072 and sign up for a 30-minute writing session. Seahawk Writing Center – Stay calm and write on.

The Theatre Department is excited for Homecoming Week, and excited to see you Tuesday in the stadium at 6:00pm for Smish Smosh, Decatur’s lip synch battle and talent competition! Tickets are $5 at the gate. Come on out and earn points for your class simply by being there! Also, all students that have signed up to participate in Smish Smosh this Tuesday need to meet with Mr. Cater in front of the Media Center briefly following the announcements.

Open gym basketball tonight at 6:00 pm. Cost is 2 dollars. Also, if you would like a open gym schedule, please stop by Coach Johnson’s room, A165, to pick one up.

The Varsity Girls’ Soccer team beat Easton 3-1 on Thursday afternoon. Goals were scored by Captain Hannah Dang and sophomores Katelynn King and Kayla Rocco. Captain Mia Kemp had two assists, and Hannah Dang had one. Great team win on the road Seahawks!

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Soccer takes on Kent Island at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer battles Kent Island at home

At 6:00 PM Varsity Field Hockey plays at Saint Michaels – departure at 3:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!