Tuesday, October 19

Today Celebrates: Evaluate Your Life Day!

Lunch for today includes: Smoked Pork BBQ, Italian Cold Cut Sub, Steamed Broccoli, Baked Beans, Chilled Peaches, and Milk.

Yesterday was the first day of Homecoming 2021!! Thank you to all of those who participated! Here is how things ended after day 1: School Attendance: 4th place: Juniors, 3rd place: Seniors, 2nd place: Sophomores, 1st place: freshman. Dress Day: 4th place: Freshman, 3rd place: Juniors, 2nd place: Sophomores, 1st place: Seniors. Pickleball Attendance: 4th place: Freshman, 3rd place: Seniors, 2nd place: Juniors, 1st place: Sophomores.

The standings for the Pickleball Competition are: 4th place: Freshman, 3rd place: Juniors, 2nd place: Sophomores, 1st place: With a dominating performance from Nadia Bullock and Tristan Dutton, SENIORS. Overall standings after day 1: 4th place: with 55 points: Freshman; 3rd place: with 60 points: Juniors; 2nd place: with 80 points Seniors; 1st place: with 85 points Sophomores. PLEASE make sure you check in at lunch to get credit for dressing up! Our next event is Wednesday night Powder Puff at 6pm, come out and join in the fun!

Attention everyone! Homecoming t-shirts have arrived and will be on sale during all lunch shifts. They are $15. Not only is this a fundraiser for the Junior class it is also a class competition event. Buy a t-shirts and get your class points!

Decatur Nation! Have you ever wondered what it takes to make it on one of the banners in the gym? Now it’s your turn to be the next Decatur legacy. Come out on Saturday morning to the SDHS Inaugural Homecoming 5K relay and run, jog, or walk. Can’t complete a full 5K? No problem! This event is relay style so each member of a 5-member team only has to run a 1K. All are welcome so invite your favorite teacher, parent, alumni, or community member to join your team. Legacy banner recognition will be awarded to the top male and female team from the same graduating year. The race starts at 9:00 am so you will still have time to get your hair and nails done before the Homecoming dance. The cost is just $10 per team. See Coach Hommel in room C179 to register for the event.

DNN invites all students to the Homecoming Dance, a 50’s Sock Hop, this Saturday from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm in the stadium! Entry is 10 dollars for each student, and remember, no heels are permitted on the field! We can’t wait to see everyone there!

Teachers and Students: Reminder that there will be a meeting today at 9:45 in Mrs. Chetelat’s room for the Presidential Service Awards Ceremony that will be held tomorrow. Teachers: The list of recipients has been sent to your email.

Seniors, if you missed senior portraits over the summer. retakes will take place on October 25th, 26th, and 27th at school. You must sign up for them beforehand. Packets have been mailed home from Lifetouch and should arrive soon. Please see Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Need help getting started on a paper? Revising a paper? Is the writing process perplexing you? From lab reports to DBQs, and everything in between, come to the Seahawk Writing Center in Room B1072 and sign up for a 30-minute writing session. Seahawk Writing Center – Stay calm and write on.

Haunted Hall construction service hours are available everyday Monday through Thursday after school in Mrs. Terlizzi’s room until 4:30. This Thursday will be a MAJOR work session for all interested. Please come to work. All donations for Haunted Hall should be turned in by the end of the day Monday, October 25th.

Attention Seniors: If you are planning on attending any form of college next year, whether it is a 2 year or 4 year, YOU MUST complete the FAFSA. This is done by using your parents tax information. There is a very helpful, almost must attend Virtual FAFSA Information session TODAY starting at 5pm. Please make sure at least one parent/guardian can attend the virtual meeting with you! If you have any questions about sign up please come by guidance!

Any girl interested in trying out for the basketball team, there will be an interest meeting TODAY in the cafeteria at 2:20. An all call will be made at that time. Please see Coach Kurtz with any questions.

There will be an interest meeting for all those interested in trying out for the indoor track team, TODAY, at 2:20 in the small gym. Please see Coach Hommel or Coach Billings with any questions.

All boys that are interested in trying out for basketball. Please stop by Coach Johnson’s room A-165 to sign up and receive your information packet. You must sign up on Family ID to tryout.

Congrats to the varsity field hockey team who defeated St. Michaels last night 2 – 1. Both goals were scored by Ryleigh Smith with assists by Bre Ferguson and Skylar Griffin. Please come out and support them today as they take on Crisfield at home at 4:00 pm. The team will be wearing pink and raising funds for Women Supporting Women through a bake sale that will take place during the game.

Last the boys varsity soccer team scored a huge victory over a very strong Kent Island team 4-1. Miguel Cervantes netted a hat trick to lead the Seahawks. James Barrett added the other goal. In the net Owen Knerr had 7 saves. The win improves the boys record to 10-1 with 1 regular season game left tomorrow at Bennett. Good luck gentlemen!

At 4:00 PM Varsity Field Hockey battles Crisfield at home

At 4:00 PM Girls Varsity Soccer plays at WiHi – dismissal at 2:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!