Wednesday, October 20

Today Celebrates: International Chefs Day, World Statistics Day, and Chicken and Waffles Day!

Lunch for today includes: Baked Chicken Chunks, Pizza Sub, Steamed Carrots, Chilled Applesauce, Milk, and Roll.

Homecoming Day 2 saw a lot of creativity!! Students and Teachers showed a lot of school spirit! The Spirit Banners are up by the cafeteria, they look awesome, check them out! Homecoming t-shirts are in and going fast, buy yours at lunch. Here is how things ended after day 2: School Attendance: 4th place: Sophomores, 3rd place: Juniors, 2nd place: Seniors, 1st place: freshman. Dress Day: 4th place: Freshman, 3rd place: Sophomores, 2nd place: Juniors, 1st place: Seniors

Tonight there will be lots of opportunities to earn points for your class! Attending the powder puff event at 6pm, winning the powder puff game, and do not forget the cheerleaders!! This we do not want to miss. Cost is $5. The Homecoming race remains tight! Overall standings after day 2: 4th place: with 90 points: Freshman. 3rd place: with 95 points: Juniors. 2nd place: with 110 points Sophomores. And taking the lead….1st place: with 125 points Seniors. PLEASE make sure you check in at lunch to get credit for dressing up! See you tonight at Powder Puff, 6pm!

Decatur Nation! Have you ever wondered what it takes to make it on one of the banners in the gym? Now it’s your turn to be the next Decatur legacy. Come out on Saturday morning to the SDHS Inaugural Homecoming 5K relay and run, jog, or walk. Can’t complete a full 5K? No problem! This event is relay style so each member of a 5-member team only has to run a 1K. All are welcome so invite your favorite teacher, parent, alumni, or community member to join your team. Legacy banner recognition will be awarded to the top male and female team from the same graduating year. The race starts at 9:00 am so you will still have time to get your hair and nails done before the Homecoming dance. The cost is just $10 per team. See Coach Hommel in room C179 to register for the event.

DNN invites all students to the Homecoming Dance, a 50’s Sock Hop, this Saturday from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm in the stadium! Entry is 10 dollars for each student, and remember, no heels are permitted on the field! We can’t wait to see everyone there!

Haunted Hall construction service hours are available everyday Monday through Thursday after school in Mrs. Terlizzi’s room until 4:30. This Thursday will be a MAJOR work session for all interested. Please come to work. All donations for Haunted Hall should be turned in by the end of the day Monday, October 25th.

Teachers and Students: Reminder that the Presidential Service Awards will take place today in the stadium. Students need to report to the stadium by 9:15. Teachers: The list of recipients has been sent to your email.

All boys that are interested in trying out for basketball. Please stop by Coach Johnson’s room A-165 to sign up and receive your information packet. You must sign up on Family ID to tryout.

Any girl interested in playing basketball, that missed the interest meeting, please see Coach Kurtz in room A-172 for important information

Congrats to the varsity field hockey team on a great effort last night versus Crisfield. The game ended in a 2-2 tie after two overtime periods and penalty one on ones. Skylar Griffin led the team with 1 goal and 1 assist and also scored the game tieing one on one to end the game. Ryliegh Smith added one goal and Bre Ferguson had an assist. Amazing hard fought effort! The team thanks everyone who supported their “pink” bake sale and also the football team for the extra energy they brought in the final moments of the game. A special thank you to Chloe Candeloro for her leadership in putting the field hockey pink game together.

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Soccer plays at Bennett – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 PM Cross Country takes on Snow Hill and Pocomoke at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer plays at Bennett – dismissal at 2:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Country Fried Wednesday Decatur!