Thursday, October 21

Today Celebrates: Babbling Day, Count Your Buttons Day, and National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!

Lunch for today includes: Nachos with Beef Filling, Chicken Salad Sandwich, Steamed Corn, Fresh Oranges, and Milk.

Homecoming Day 3 saw a lot of activity!! Country vs. Country Club was a huge success!! And the powder puff was the most attended in years. The game itself was the most competitive in recent memory, and the cheerleaders left us speechless. Hats off to everyone for all of their hard work! The Spirit Banners are up by the cafeteria, they look awesome, check them out! Homecoming t-shirts are in and going fast buy at lunch, they are only $15 and are tomorrow’s dress day!

Here is how things ended after day 3: School Attendance: 4th place: Juniors, 3rd place: Sophomores, 2nd place: Freshman, 1st place: Seniors. Dress Day: 4th place: Freshman, 3rd place: Sophomores, 2nd place: Juniors, 1st place: Seniors

Powder Puff Attendance: 4th place: Juniors 3rd place: Seniors 2nd place: Sophomores 1st place: Freshman. Powder Puff competition: 4th place: Sophomores 3rd place: Seniors 2nd place: Freshman 1st place: Juniors. Powder puff cheerleaders: 3rd place : Sophomores 2nd place: Juniors 1st place Seniors. Overall standings after day 3: 4th place: with 165 points: Freshman, 3rd place: with 180 points: Juniors, 2nd place: with 185 points Sophomores, And remaining in the lead, 1st place: with 230 points Seniors. PLEASE make sure you check in at lunch to get credit for dressing up! You can earn points for your class by dressing up, attending the 5K Saturday morning, and the dance Saturday night! Let’s Go!

Decatur Nation! Come out on Saturday morning to the SDHS Inaugural Homecoming 5K relay and run, jog, or walk. Can’t complete a full 5K? No problem! This event is relay style so each member of a 5-member team only has to run a 1K. All are welcome so invite your favorite teacher, parent, alumni, or community member to join your team. Legacy banner recognition will be awarded to the top male and female team from the same graduating year. The race starts at 9:00 am so you will still have time to get your hair and nails done before the Homecoming dance. The cost is just $10 per team. See Coach Hommel in room C179 to register for the event.

DNN invites all students to the Homecoming Dance, a 50’s Sock Hop, this Saturday from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm in the stadium! Entry is 10 dollars for each student, and remember, no heels are permitted on the field! We can’t wait to see everyone there!

Haunted Hall construction service hours are available everyday Monday through Thursday after school in Mrs. Terlizzi’s room until 4:30. TODAY is a MAJOR work session for all interested. Please come to work. All donations for Haunted Hall should be turned in by the end of the day Monday, October 25th.

All boys that are interested in trying out for basketball. Please stop by Coach Johnson’s room A-165 to sign up and receive your information packet. You must sign up on Family ID to tryout.

Any girl interested in playing basketball, that missed the interest meeting, please see Coach Kurtz in room A-172 for important information.

Congratulations to the girls and boys cross country teams who hosted Snow Hill and Pocomoke yesterday. The team recognized seniors Mali Murphy, Avery Braciszewski, Jake Gillespie, Gavin McCabe, and Tristan Dutton for their dedication, hard work, and improvement over the last 4 years in the cross country program.

The girls team had a PERFECT score of 15 points. Amber Marshall took 1st place, Macy Woroniecki 2nd place, Clarice Piela earned a 3rd place finish, Avery Braciszewski took 4th, Ava Becnel 5th place, Chloe Resnick came in 6th and Daniela Gonzalez finished 7th. The ladies all did their part to win every conference meet of the season!!! Way to go ladies.

The boys team did not disappoint earning a 1st place Victory as a team. Tristan Dutton won the race with a dramatic finish. Teammate Ethan Justice showed enormous Decatur sportsmanship as he helped up his teammate and made sure he crossed the finish line. Ethan still managed to place 2nd with a course PR in front of Snow Hill’s lead runner. Way to go Ethan!!! Other scorers for Decatur included Gavin McCabe in 6th place, Reid Caimi 7th, and Luke Bracieszewski taking 8th place. Way to go boys. You finally got your win!!! Best of luck to both teams as they travel to Cambridge next Wednesday to compete in the Bayside meet.

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Soccer takes on Queen Annes at home

At 4:00 PM JV Volleyball plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:15

At 5:00 PM Varsity Volleyball plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:15

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Soccer battles Queen Annes at home

At 5:30 PM JV Football plays at Easton – dismissal at 2:15

At 6:00 PM Varsity Field Hockey plays at Pocomoke

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!