Thursday, December 15

Today Celebrates: Bill of Rights Day and National Lemon Cupcake Day!

Lunch for today includes: Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger, Turkey and Cheese Kit, Sweet Potato Lattice Fries, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Dinner Roll, Milk.

PBIS is pleased to announce that Ty Barnes is the Student of the month! Ty received a positive referral for achievement and responsibility. It was noted that he is very helpful to students and staff! For his efforts, Ty received a gift card to Dunkin Donuts.

In addition, Ms. Terlizzi is our staff member of the month. Ms. Terlizzi does so much for our students and staff and she is much appreciated! Thank you, Ms. Terlizzi.

Decatur Nation! It’s time to vote for the best decorated door! Voting is now open and will remain open until 3:00 pm on Friday. To vote, scan the QR code by each door! The door with the highest rating will receive holiday goodies. Winner will be announced on Monday, December 19th. Great job to all those who decorated, and best of luck!

Decatur’s Counseling Department has partnered with Coastal Hospice to provide a grief group in the media center. Students and staff are invited to join TODAY from 3:00 until 4:00 p.m. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Shirk in the counseling office.

Are you looking for a great scholarship opportunity? If so, the Optimist Essay Contest is for you. Check the SDHS Schoology page or see any English teacher or Ms. Tindley in guidance for more information. Deadline for submission is December 21.

Registration for the winter session of the After School Academy is now available. Students can sign-up using the QR code posted throughout the building or by completing the form located on the After School Academy page on our school website.

Don’t be a Gretchen Weiners this holiday season, be a Glenn CoCo and send a candy cane gram to your friend, teacher, or even yourself! On sale all this week during lunch shifts, send a candy cane gram for one dollar… or send a candy cane and bag of candy for two dollars. Candy grams will be delivered next week.

It’s peanut butter and jelly time! Diakonia is in need of peanut butter and jelly to give to community members in need! Please consider donating jars of peanut butter and jelly from now until December 21st. Donations can be dropped off in Mrs Chetelat’s room.

Seniors! Time is running out to have your senior portraits taken! All yearbook photos MUST be taken through Prestige Portraits and those photos MUST be taken by February 1st. Schedule an appointment time in the Lifetouch studio in Salisbury before you leave on break!

Spinebreakers! You can now vote on the next book choice by seeing Mr. Thompson, Mrs. Terlizzi, or the Media Center specialists to scan the QR code to suggest a dystopian novel. Our next book will be available after the holiday break on January 2nd.

The Holiday season is upon us and there is no better way of getting into the holiday spirit than listening to fun, festive music. Come out this evening at 7:00 for the band and orchestra concert. Hope to see you there!

At 3:30 PM Boys and Girls Swim compete at Cape Henlopen – dismissal at 1:30

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Crisfield – dismissal at 2:15

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Crisfield – dismissal also at 2:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!