Tuesday, February 28

Today Celebrates: National Chili Day, Public Sleeping Day, and National Tooth Fairy Day!

Lunch for today includes: Rotini with Meat Sauce and Garlic Toast, Turkey and Cheese Sub, Steamed Corn, Steamed Green Beans, Applesauce, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

This is a friendly reminder that this is the last week of the winter session of the After School Academy, with the last day being this Thursday, March 2nd. Please be advised that there will be NO transportation beyond the regular school-day until the spring session begins. Please be on the lookout for Spring registration.

Decatur Nation! At 8:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 2nd, Stephen Decatur High School graduate Mary Mergott will be speaking in the cafeteria about her experiences at the United States Coast Guard Academy. Any teachers interested in having their class attend please see Mr. August by March 1st.

Attention students! Now is your chance to get the writing support you long for during a time that works for you. Every Tuesday through Thursday writing tutoring will be available to students in Mrs. Tracy’s room, A-118, from 7:15 until 8:00 a.m. Be sure to bring your writing assignment, expectations, and or required rubrics. All academic writing will be targeted.

Seniors! For the first time in forever, we are taking a senior class trip! It’s a “sweet” one to Hershey Park on May 22nd with a rain date of May 25th. The cost of the trip is $50 and it is open to the first 100 seniors who submit their money and permission slip to Mrs. Berquist in the CRT Office. Cash or checks made payable to SDHS will be accepted. Permission slips are available outside of the CRT Office now. Don’t miss out on this culminating high school experience.

Attention all first semester orchestra students. This is a reminder that you have rehearsal today after school in Mr. Foell’s room. Practice will run from 3:00 until about 4:15, so please make sure you have all of your equipment. Again, that’s string orchestra practice TODAY after school starting at 3pm. See You Soon!

Any Junior that is interested in helping plan this year’s prom, we will have the next Prom Planning Committee meeting TODAY at 2:50 in Ms. Galello’s room. Please stop by and give us your help. See Ms. Galello or Mr. Greenwood with questions.

The women’s swim team placed 5th in the state this weekend at the State Meet. The 200 medley relay of Natalie Canham, Kaolin Riser, Kayden Hamby, and Trista Harner placed 6th. Trista Harner placed 6th in the 50 and 100 freestyle. Natalie Canham placed 5th in the 100 butterfly. The 200 freestyle relay of Canham, Hamby, Vienna Williams, and Harner placed 4th.

The men’s swim team placed 8th in the state. The 200 medley relay and 200 freestyle relay of Gavin Conaway, Gavin Stearn, Mason Castanares, and Daniel Karcheuski both placed 8th. Gavin Stearn placed 2nd in the 100 freestyle and 8th in the 200 freestyle. Daniel Karcheuski placed 5th in the 100 butterfly and 6th in the 200 individual medley.

Attention ALL prospective tennis players: All paperwork and family ID information must be completed by noon TOMORROW. No paperwork will be accepted at practice on Wednesday. Please turn all completed physicals directly into the Athletic Trainer. Her office is located in the hallway behind the boys locker room. Remember practice starts on Wednesday at 3 on the tennis courts. See Mr. Greenwood in C-174 on the math hallway or Mr. Berquist in the gym with all questions.

Tryouts for softball begin Wednesday March 1st. Report to the softball field from 3:00 till 5:00. Family ID & physical form must be completed to attend tryouts.

At 5:30 PM Boy’s Varsity Basketball competes in the Region Semifinals at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have Terrific Tuesday Decatur!