Thursday, March 2

Today Celebrates: Old Stuff Day!

Lunch for today includes: Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger, Chili with Chips, Sweet Potato Lattice Fries, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

This is a friendly reminder that this is the last week of the winter session of the After School Academy, with the last day being TODAY. Please be advised that there will be NO transportation beyond the regular school-day until the spring session begins. Please be on the lookout for Spring registration.

Decatur Nation! Now is your chance to get the writing support you long for during a time that works for you. Every Tuesday through Thursday writing tutoring will be available to students in Mrs. Tracy’s room, A-118, from 7:15 until 8:00 a.m. Be sure to bring your writing assignment, expectations, and or required rubrics. All academic writing will be targeted.

Seniors! For the first time in forever, we are taking a senior class trip! It’s a “sweet” one to Hershey Park on May 22nd with a rain date of May 25th. The cost of the trip is $50 and it is open to the first 100 seniors who submit their money and permission slip to Mrs. Berquist in the CRT Office. Cash or checks made payable to SDHS will be accepted. Permission slips are available outside of the CRT Office now. Don’t miss out on this culminating high school experience.

PROMise is back again to host their 8th annual prom gown giveaway at Parkside High School in Salisbury on Saturday, March 4. The PROMise Project is a non-profit organization that provides dresses for girls across the Eastern Shore. This event will feature more than one thousand prom gowns ranging in sizes 0 to 26.

All gowns have been donated to the non-profit organization throughout the years by various local retail shops. The event is free and open to all Delmarva high school students. Students must present a valid high school ID for admittance to the event. The event will start at 10am and it will end at 2pm. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Johnson in Room C129.

Looking for a summer job this year? The Ocean City Beach Patrol is holding a test for beach lifeguards at Salisbury University on Sunday, March 5. Anyone interested can find out more information on their website at JoinBeachPatrol.com.

This is a friendly reminder that there will be no morning announcement broadcast tomorrow, Friday, March 3rd. We will return with our live broadcast on Monday.

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Northeast at home in the Region Finals!

Anyone interested in attending the game MUST purchase their tickets online at gofan.co

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!