Monday, March 6

Today Celebrates: Dentist’s Day, National Frozen Food Day, and National Oreo Cookie Day!

Lunch for today includes: Cheeseburger, Chicken Tenders with Roll, Steamed Broccoli, Steamed Mixed Vegetables, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

The LGBTQ+ Fact of the Week, sponsored by Decatur’s GSA is: On March 2, 1982, Wisconsin became the first state to outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation.

PBIS would like to recognize Autumn Drew as the February SDHS Student of the Month. Autumn Drew is an exemplary student who excels academically as well as being an amazing classmate! She supports the staff and students alike; she is a tremendous asset to our SDHS community.

PBIS would also like to recognize Yakia Brittingham as our staff member of the month, Ms. Brittingham strives to support all students and staff in the front office and she always does so cheerfully and with a smile on her face. Congratulations to both Autumn and Ms. Brittingham.

Members of Spinebreakers! We will meet in the media center today to discuss up to pages 84 in the novel The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. Even if you were unable to read, please attend. We also have a few more copies left if anyone is interested in joining us for this read. Check in and see what we are all about!

Decatur Nation! Now is your chance to get the writing support you long for during a time that works for you. Every Tuesday through Thursday writing tutoring will be available to students in Mrs. Tracy’s room, A-118, from 7:15 until 8:00 a.m. Be sure to bring your writing assignment, expectations, and or required rubrics. All academic writing will be targeted.

Decatur Film Society members, we will meet TOMORROW to discuss the classic film Casablanca and vote on our next film to view. Remember, there will be NO after school transportation available, so please plan accordingly.

Attention all students. Spring is here and we all know how awesome it is to put your feet in the sand and enjoy the beach. That is exactly what Believe in Tomorrow offers to critically ill children. You can help one of these children by bringing in beach toys, shovels, towels, sunscreen, coloring books, playing cards and other beach accessories. Starting March 15th, SDHS will hold a beach toy school-wide drive. You can drop off your items at the main office, the CRT office, or Mrs. Chetelat’s room A175. Thanks in advance for helping someone in need!

Seniors! For the first time in forever, we are taking a senior class trip! It’s a “sweet” one to Hershey Park on May 22nd with a rain date of May 25th. The cost of the trip is $50 and it is open to the first 100 seniors who submit their money and permission slip to Mrs. Berquist in the CRT Office. Cash or checks made payable to SDHS will be accepted. Permission slips are available outside of the CRT Office now. Don’t miss out on this culminating high school experience.

Congratulations to Decatur Wrestlers, Logan Intrieri and Elijah Collick for winning state titles at 132 pounds and 106 pounds making them the 8th and 9th individual state wrestling champions in school history. Other state placers on the weekend were Gavin Solito 2nd place at 152 pounds, Parker Intrieri 3rd place at 170 pounds, Reid Caimi 4th place at 126 pounds, Kole Kohut 5th place at 195 pounds and Evan Haworth 6th place at 160 pounds.

Our girls wrestling team had a state finalist for the first time in school history as AJ Johnson placed 2nd. Chaniah Bernier and Maddie Reed placed 5th and 6th at their respective weights. Congratulations to all of the Seahawks wrestlers for another record breaking season.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have Magnificent Monday Decatur!