Wednesday, March 8

Today Celebrates: National Proofreading Day and International Women’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mini Cheese Calzones, Popcorn Chicken with Roll, Steamed Carrots, Green Peas, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Attention all students: The deadline to enter your course selections in Schoology is quickly approaching! Any Worcester Tech forms MUST come back to guidance, while all SDHS courses must be entered in Schoology. We need all selections entered into Schoology by March 17th. If you have questions, please talk to your counselor in guidance.

Congratulations to Brooke Berquist, who was named a 2023 Carson Scholar. This prestigious honor recognizes outstanding scholarship and community service for only 500 students nationwide. Congratulations also goes out to Natalie Canham and Addison McDaniel who repeated this distinction for the 8th and 6th time respectively.

Class of 2023! Save the Date! Lifetouch will be at school on Wednesday, March 22nd to capture the senior panoramic, the class photo that hangs in the main office. The photo will take place shortly after 8:00 a.m. in the gym and a few morning tech buses will be held for the photo. Don’t miss out on this tradition! Be here by 8:00 am on March 22nd. Additionally, all seniors have been added to the DNN Senior News course on Schoology, make sure you check this weekly for important information regarding Senior Quotes, Superlatives, Baby Pictures, and more! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Seniors! The deadline to submit money and your signed permission trip for the Senior Trip to Hershey Park is Friday, March 24th. Don’t miss out on this awesome experience! Permission slips are available outside the CRT Office. If you have questions, see Mr. or Mrs. Berquist.

Attention all first semester marching band students. This is a reminder of the Ocean City St. Patrick’s day parade this Saturday, March 11th. There will be a rehearsal in Mr. Foell’s room 5th period this Friday, March 10th to get us ready Saturday’s parade.

Spring is here and we all know how awesome it is to put your feet in the sand and enjoy the beach. That is exactly what Believe in Tomorrow offers to critically ill children. You can help one of these children by bringing in beach toys, shovels, towels, sunscreen, coloring books, playing cards and other beach accessories. Starting March 15th, SDHS will hold a beach toy school-wide drive. You can drop off your items at the main office, the CRT office, or Mrs. Chetelat’s room A175. Thanks in advance for helping someone in need!

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday until spring break beginning at 7:15 in Mr. Drahiem’s room, D-153. See Ms. Fluty or Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Decatur Nation! Let the Stephen Decatur Cheerleaders Egg your House! You can surprise your neighbors or friends with some easter fun! The Decatur Cheerleaders will deliver candy filled eggs to your house! You can buy 25 eggs for $20 or 60 eggs for $45. You can choose to have your eggs delivered on your porch or scattered in the yard! The deadline to order is March 31. You will have to complete a Google Doc form, so please go to Ms. Johnson’s room C-129 if you have any questions. The Eggs will be delivered on April 7th!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!