Thursday, March 9

Today Celebrates: Barbie Day, Get Over It Day, Popcorn Lover’s Day, and Panic Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Sloppy Joe, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Turnip Greens, Applesauce, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Congratulations to the Stephen Decatur Symphonic Band as they captured an overall rating of excellent at yesterday’s district band festival. The group had some incredible moments on the North Dorchester stage and came away with great ratings from all four of the adjudicators. Nice work and good job!

Students! The deadline to enter your course selections in Schoology is quickly approaching! Any Worcester Tech forms MUST come back to guidance, while all SDHS courses must be entered in Schoology. We need all selections entered into Schoology by March 17th. If you have questions, please talk to your counselor in guidance.

We have two upcoming college representative visits. West Chester University of Pennsylvania will be here Tuesday, March 14, at 10 o’clock, and Queens University of Charlotte will be visiting on Wednesday the 15th at 8:10. These are great opportunities for juniors to get a jump on the college application process and for seniors who are interested in these schools. Both visits are in the Guidance Office Conference room. Sign up in Naviance.

Decatur Film Society members, please remember to stop by Mr. Thompson’s room to pick up a permission slip to view next week’s movie. No permission slip means no viewing, so get it before you leave today!

Decatur Nation! The Kids Against Animal Abuse and Testing club is running a a pet food drive in 5th period classes from Monday, March 13th, to Thursday, March 23rd. Please bring in dry cat, dog, and rabbit food to your 5th period class. All food will be donated to Kenille’s Cupboard, Worcester County Humane Society, and Eastern Shore Rabbit Rescue. The 5th period class that collects the most canned food will receive a pizza party!

Class of 2023! Save the Date! Lifetouch will be at school on Wednesday, March 22nd to capture the senior panoramic, the class photo that hangs in the main office. The photo will take place shortly after 8:00 a.m. in the gym and a few morning tech buses will be held for the photo. Don’t miss out on this tradition! Be here by 8:00 am on March 22nd. Additionally, all seniors have been added to the DNN Senior News course on Schoology, make sure you check this weekly for important information regarding Senior Quotes, Superlatives, Baby Pictures, and more! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Seniors! The deadline to submit money and your signed permission trip for the Senior Trip to Hershey Park is Friday, March 24th. Don’t miss out on this awesome experience! Permission slips are available outside the CRT Office. If you have questions, see Mr. or Mrs. Berquist.

Attention first semester marching band folks, the St. Patrick’s Day Parade is still on, and we are still performing! Please plan on being in Mr. Foell’s room for 5th period tomorrow so that we can get ready for Saturday’s event. Teachers, there was a list of student names placed in your mailbox this morning. That’s marching band to report to Mr. Foell’s room tomorrow morning, yes on the half day, for the St. Patrick’s parade practice during fifth period.

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to its Annual March Production. The Man Who Came to Dinner, a comedy in three acts by Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman, will be running performances March 16th and 17th at 7:00 pm, and March 18th at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets or the production, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there!

This is a friendly reminder that due to the half day tomorrow, there will be no morning announcements.

Friday’s Sports:

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball plays at Indian River – departure at 2:15

At 4:00 PM JV Softball plays at Indian River – departure also at 2:15

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball takes on Indian River at home

Also at 4 Varsity Softball battles Indian River at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have PARR-ific Thursday Decatur! Remember that this weekend is Day Light Savings, it’s time to spring forward as we lose an hour.