Friday, May 19

Today Celebrates: National Bike to Work Day, National Endangered Species Day, and World Plant a Vegetable Garden Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Pizza, Turkey and Cheese Sub, Crinkle Fries, California Vegetable Blend, Strawberry Cup, Roll, and Milk.

Seniors! Be sure to turn in your textbooks, devices, uniforms, and/or any other items that are due to the school, your teachers or coaches. See Mr. Berquist beginning TODAY to make sure that you are not on the debt list.

And finally seniors! Your baby/toddler photos are needed! TODAY is the last day to get them in or you WILL NOT appear in the pre-graduation video! Submit ONE baby photo to [email protected] by the end of the day! Make sure you include your first AND last name in the subject line. You will receive a reply email confirming your submission.

Attention all first semester marching band students. Yes, you, the marching band from the Fall of 2022. This is a reminder that Memorial Day is NEXT weekend. That means we have a parade coming up and the marching band is headlining the event. Mr. Foell has mailed parade information home. Plus, keep listening to the announcements for reminders each day as we get closer to Memorial Day Weekend. Mr. Foell will see you real soon!

Attention Juniors! You’ve asked for it and now it is here… the SCIENCE NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY. Stop by and see Ms. Kinsler in room D-154 if you have completed an AP science course and are interested in getting an informational letter about joining! Applications are to be completed by Wednesday, May 31st in order to be considered as a member for the 2023-24 school year.

Calling all artists! Are you looking for an opportunity to get your artwork published? Do you want to be a part of a creative collective? Then here’s some great news! It’s not too late to submit your art to be included in Stephen Decatur’s literary magazine, Imprints. Your art will be featured alongside poems, short stories, and works of nonfiction created by other students. Scan the QR code posted around the building or talk to Mrs. Zervakos in room C151 for more information.

This a reminder that Monday, May 22nd through Friday, May 26th is Seyler and Tunnell Appreciation Week!! This is for any student that missed appreciating Ms. Seyler and Ms. Tunnell during Teacher Appreciation Week. Starting May 22nd bring in those tokens of appreciation!!

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to its annual production of Shakespeare Under the Stars. A Midsummer Night’s Dream, a Comedy in 5 Acts, will be running performances TONIGHT at 7:00, as well as Saturday at 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm in the Gladys C. Burbage Courtyard Theatre. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets or the production, see Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there.

Congratulations to the boys and girls track teams for their performance at Wednesday’s 3A South Regional meet. Rayna Esquival will be advancing to the finals on Saturday in the 100 meter hurdles and Lotus Wise and Ethan Bradshaw will be advancing in the 200 meter dash.

A special congratulations to Ethan Justice who will be representing Decatur at the 3A State meet in the 3200 meter run. Ethan placed 4th in the Regional meet by taking 37 seconds off his 2 mile time finishing in 10 minutes flat.

Good luck to all the track and field athletes who will be competing in their events on day 2 of the 3A South Regional meet this Saturday.

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball battles Marriotts Ridge at home in the State Quarterfinals

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball battles Manchester Valley at home in the State Quarterfinals

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!