Thursday, November 2

Today Celebrates: All Souls Day, Deviled Egg Day, Look For Circles Day, and Plan Your Epitaph Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Tenders, Meatball Sub, Mini Sweet Potato Puffs, Green Peas, Fresh Fruit, Diced Pears, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! After days of delay due to internet issues, the results from Trunk or Treat are in! It was a close competition with only slight cheating going on amongst the groups, but we have a clear winner for 1st and 2nd place. In second place, for the most “boo-tiful” site is… Key Club with their Monsters Inc scare zone! And in first place…. Concert and Show Choir with their Twisted take on Candyland! Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated and came out for this years One School, One Community Trunk or Treat! We will do a trophy presentation in the near future, and then the trophies will be yours for the year!

Students, if you forgot to bring in your picture order form on Monday, you can bring them to Mr. Thompson in the DNN studio by noon on Friday to be sent to Lifetouch. Teachers and Students, if you missed pictures Monday, Lifetouch will be here on Tuesday, November 28th for underclassman picture retakes, so please save the date!

SDHS! Listen up for testing news. Registration for the Saturday, December 2nd SAT is due TODAY. Late registration will continue until November 21st. ACT is scheduled for December 9th with registration due TOMORROW, November 3rd, with late registration continuing until November 17th. Finally, if you are taking the November 4th SAT’s at Decatur, please make sure to bring a valid physical ID, no digital copies accepted, your printed testing ticket, number 2 pencils, and a calculator. Calculators will NOT be provided.

There will be a Mock Trial meeting after school Today in room A-110. Results from team try-outs will be announced at this meeting, so please make sure you attend!

ATTENTION CHESS CLUB FANS! For anyone interested in participating in the Chess Club, we will hold four upcoming After School sessions in the Media Center classroom with Dr. Hill on Tuesday, November 7th, 14th, 28th, and December 5th. Students must register with the After School Academy to participate.

Anyone interested in joining the Students Against Destructive Decisions, the next meeting will take place on Thursday, November 9th in Señora Cassino’s room, A126. Anyone interested in joining is welcome to attend!

Calling all Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors! Decatur is now accepting applications to be nominated for the Carson Scholarship Program. Applications are located outside of the CRT Office and posted on the Schoology message page. Only one person will be chosen to represent SDHS for the 2023-24 Carson Scholar Program, so pick up an application today! They are due back on Friday, December 1st!!

Attention Juniors and Seniors! You’ve asked for it and now it is here…. the National Science Honor Society. Stop by and see Ms. Kinsler in room D-154 if you are currently enrolled in an AP science course for this year or have already completed an AP science course and are interested in getting an informational letter about joining the National Science Honor Society. Applications are to be completed by 3:00 pm Monday, November 30th in order to be considered as a member for the 2023-24 school year. If you already applied at the end of last school year there is no need to reapply.

The Key Club will be holding its first blood drive event on Friday, November 10th from 8:00 until 1:30. Students aged 16 and older are allowed to donate this year. If you are 16, you will need a signed parent permission slip. Please see Mrs. Saullo or Mrs. Kalchthaler for a permission slip. Signs with QR codes are located around the building to register.

Hold on to those memories Decatur! Purchase your copy of the 2024 Seahawk Yearbook online at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 75 dollars each, but that price increases to 95 dollars at the end of this week, so don’t delay, pre-order today and save!

All girls interested in trying out for the basketball team, please make sure you pick up a packet outside of Coach Tracy’s room, A113. Be sure to turn in a hard copy of your physical and all paperwork to Coach Tracy in A113 on or before November 9th!

If you’re interested in trying out for the Boys Basketball team, please pick up your packet from Coach Johnson in room C-164. All paper work is due before or by November 13th.

Any boy or girl interested in coming out for the Wrestling Team must complete the QR code outside Coach August’s room, B1072A fill out Family ID, and turn in a copy of your physical by November 13th.

The varsity field hockey team made history last night by winning the Regional Championship 1 to 0 in overtime versus Parkside. It was a battle for 4 quarters but in the overtime, Bailey Griffin was able to connect with Jill Burton in the circle who passed it across the front of the cage where Avari Shoff was able to touch it past the diving goalkeeper. Amazing season that will continue TODAY as the Seahawks hit the road to play in the State Quarterfinals against Hereford at 5:00 this evening. Good luck ladies!

At 12:30 PM Cross County competes at Chesapeake High in the 3A East Regionals – dismissal at 8:15

At 5:00 PM Varsity Field Hockey plays at Hereford in the State Quarterfinals – dismissal at 10:40

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!