Friday, November 3

Today Celebrates: Cliche Day, Houeswife’s Day, and Sandwich Day! Talk about a Cliche!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Turkey and Cheese Lunch Kit, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Turnip Greens, Fresh Fruit, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

Students, if you forgot to bring in your picture order form on Monday, you can bring them to Mr. Thompson in the DNN studio by noon TODAY! Teachers and Students, if you missed pictures on Monday, Lifetouch will be here on Tuesday, November 28th for underclassman and staff picture retakes, so please save the date!

SDHS! Listen up for testing news. Late registration for the SAT on Saturday, December 2nd continues until November 21st. The ACT is scheduled for December 9th with registration due TODAY, with late registration continuing until November 17th. Finally, if you are taking the SAT’s at Decatur this Saturday, please make sure to bring a valid physical ID, no digital copies accepted, your printed testing ticket, number 2 pencils, and a calculator. Calculators will NOT be provided.

ATTENTION CHESS CLUB FANS! For anyone interested in participating in the Chess Club, we will hold four upcoming After School sessions in the Media Center classroom with Dr. Hill on Tuesday, November 7th, 14th, 28th, and December 5th. Students must register with the After School Academy to participate.

Anyone interested in joining the Students Against Destructive Decisions, the next meeting will take place on Thursday, November 9th in Señora Cassino’s room, A126. Anyone interested in joining is welcome to attend!

The Key Club will be holding its first blood drive event on Friday, November 10th from 8:00 until 1:30. Students aged 16 and older are allowed to donate this year. If you are 16, you will need a signed parent permission slip. Please see Mrs. Saullo or Mrs. Kalchthaler for a permission slip. Signs with QR codes are located around the building to register.

Attention Juniors and Seniors! You’ve asked for it and now it is here…. the National Science Honor Society. Stop by and see Ms. Kinsler in room D-154 if you are currently enrolled in an AP science course for this year or have already completed an AP science course and are interested in getting an informational letter about joining the National Science Honor Society. Applications are to be completed by 3:00 pm Monday, November 30th in order to be considered as a member for the 2023-24 school year. If you already applied at the end of last school year there is no need to reapply.

Hold on to those memories Decatur! Purchase your copy of the 2024 Seahawk Yearbook online at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 75 dollars each, but that price increases to 95 dollars TOMORROW, so don’t delay, pre-order today and save!

This is a friendly reminder that daylight savings time ends this Sunday, so remember to fall back and earn that extra hour of sleep! Additionally, remember that schools are closed to students on Monday, and next Wednesday is a half-day with periods 4 and 5 in the morning.

If you are interested in joining the Winter Cheer team, please come to Coach Johnson’s room to collect important information for this upcoming tryout. Make sure you sign up on FamilyID, the QR code is located at Coach Johnson’s room, C129. Tryouts starts on November 15th until the 17th . Please make sure you have your physical completed by November 14th. We are excited for another great season!

All girls interested in trying out for the basketball team, please make sure you pick up a packet outside of Coach Tracy’s room, A113. Be sure to turn in a hard copy of your physical and all paperwork to Coach Tracy in A113 on or before November 9th!

If you’re interested in trying out for the Boys Basketball team, please pick up your packet from Coach Johnson in room C-164. All paper work is due before or by November 13th.

Any boy or girl interested in coming out for the Wrestling Team must complete the QR code outside Coach August’s room, B1072A fill out Family ID, and turn in a copy of your physical by November 13th.

At 6:00 PM Varsity Football battles Easton at home in the Region Quarterfinals

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!