Thursday, November 9

Today Celebrates: World Freedom Day and Chaos Never Dies Day!

Lunch for today includes: Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger, Fish Nuggets, Sweet Potato Lattice Fries, Steamed Brussel Sprouts, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! It’s that time of year again when YOU can nominate your favorite teacher for Teacher of the Year. Who will be named Decatur’s Teacher of the Year for the 23-24 school year? Visit our schools website, sdhs.worcesterk12.org to nominate! Nominations are now open and will remain open until December 1st.

Give a can man! Decatur’s annual canned food drive is taking place all next week! As always, this is a first period competition, meaning that breakfast will be awarded to the three classes that bring in the most food per pound! Help those in need this holiday season and bring in those cans all next week!

Calling all Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors! Decatur is now accepting applications to be nominated for the Carson Scholarship Program. Applications are located outside of the CRT Office and posted on the Schoology message page. Only one person will be chosen to represent SDHS for the 2023-24 Carson Scholar Program, so pick up an application today! They are due back on Friday, December 1st!!

Anyone interested in joining the Students Against Destructive Decisions, the next meeting has been moved to next Wednesday, November 15th in Señora Cassino’s room, A126. Anyone interested in joining is welcome to attend!

The Key Club will be holding its first blood drive event TOMORROW from 8:00 until 1:30. Students aged 16 and older are allowed to donate this year. If you are 16, you will need a signed parent permission slip. Please see Mrs. Saullo or Mrs. K. for a permission slip. Signs with QR codes are located around the building to register.

Tis the season to show some gratitude! (Roll Leo Club Card video 0:11:10) Buy your cards during all lunch shifts next week!

Attention sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Are you interested in a career in plumbing? Want to learn a trade, and get paid? If so, attend the interest meeting with Seaside Plumbing on Thursday, November 16th, at 10:00 am in the cafeteria.

After School Academy Participants – this is an early reminder that there will be NO after school academy programs during the week of Thanksgiving. Again, no after school programs on November 20th and 21st.

All girls interested in playing basketball this season, remember to turn in all paperwork and physicals to Coach Tracy by the end of TODAY!

If you’re interested in trying out for the Boys Basketball team, please pick up your packet from Coach Johnson in room C-164. All paper work is due before or by November 13th.

If you are interested in joining the Winter Cheer team, please come to Coach Johnson’s room to collect important information for this upcoming tryout. Make sure you sign up on FamilyID, the QR code is located at Coach Johnson’s room, C129. Tryouts starts on November 15th until the 17th . Please make sure you have your physical completed by November 14th. We are excited for another great season!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!