Wednesday, November 29

Today Celebrates: Chia Pet Day and Square Dance Day!

Lunch for today includes: BBQ Pork Sandwich, Mini Cheese Calzones, Steamed Broccoli, Green Peas, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far to Operation We Care. This will be the last week of our campaign to collect items for care packages for our troops overseas. Please bring all donations to Mrs. Thompson’s room, A168, by this Friday, December 1st. If you have any questions or need a shopping list, please see Mrs. Thompson ASAP.

Good News Decatur, Book Club season is back! Check in the library at the end of the day Friday for a brief meeting about the after-school Spinebreakers Book Club! Don’t have time Friday? That’s okay because meeting times are one of things to discuss: along with the next book of course! Please see Mr. vonRigler in the library during the week with any questions. The goal is to find that special book by next Friday the 8th.

Who will be named Decatur’s Teacher of the Year for the 2023-24 school year? Visit our schools website, sdhs.worcesterk12.org to nominate! Nominations are now open and will remain open until this Friday, December 1st.

Decatur Nation! We have a special personalized message for you all from former Baltimore Ravens, Ray Lewis. (Roll Ray Lewis Message Video 03:10:28).

To continue the momentum set by Ray Lewis, the Students Against Destructive Decisions club will hold two Spirit Days in December. On Friday, December 15th, make sure you wear red to celebrate a Vape Free Holiday! On Monday, stop at the SADD table during all lunches to pick up a sweet treat during the “Drugs Aren’t Neat, Candy is Sweet” day.

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to The Annual Children’s Theatre, now in its 47th year. This year’s production, The Ants and the Grasshoppers, a Comedy written by Roz Mihalko and Donna Swift, will be running evening performances December 1st and 2nd at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there!

As the Holiday season takes hold this year, be sure to hold on to those memories! Add the 2024 Seahawk Yearbook to your holiday shopping list this year. Purchase your copy online at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 95 dollars each, but that price increases to 110 dollars on February 3rd, so don’t delay, pre-order today and save!

Want to support the SDHS Football team but can’t get all the way to Annapolis? Well we have the solution! Rho Kappa would like to invite you to the first ever SDHS Football Watch Party! Come out to the SDHS cafeteria to support our football team in the state championships on the big screen. The game will be live streamed for all students to watch. The cost is two dollars at the door. Pizza, snacks, and baked goods will be for sale! Hope to see you all there cheering on our team!!

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Sussex Central – dismissal at 2:00

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Basketball takes on Sussex Central at home

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Sussex Central – dismissal at 2:00

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Sussex Central at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!