Thursday, November 30

Today Celebrates: National Mason Jar Day and Stay At Home Because You Are Well Day!

Lunch for today includes: Teriyaki Chicken with Brown Rice, MaxStix with Marinara, California Vegetable Blend, Steamed Carrots, Applesauce Cup, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Teachers and Staff, this is just a reminder that the marching band will need to be excused from your class at 12 noon today. This means that the band folks will need to eat A or B lunch before they report to the band room. Thank you for patience and cooperation with all of the exciting activities of today.

Good News Decatur, Book Club season is back! Check in the library at the end of the day Friday for a brief meeting about the after-school Spinebreakers Book Club! Don’t have time Friday? That’s okay because meeting times are one of things to discuss: along with the next book of course! Please see Mr. vonRigler in the library during the week with any questions. The goal is to find that special book by Friday the 8th.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far to Operation We Care. This will be the last week of our campaign to collect items for care packages for our troops overseas. Please bring all donations to Mrs. Thompson’s room, A168, by the end of the day TOMORROW! If you have any questions or need a shopping list, please see Mrs. Thompson ASAP.

Who will be named Decatur’s Teacher of the Year for the 2023-24 school year? Visit our schools website, sdhs.worcesterk12.org to nominate! Nominations are due TOMORROW!

On December 12th, we will host a FAFSA information night in the cafeteria at 5:00 pm. Parents and students are encouraged to be in attendance. The FAFSA is Free Federal money. Anyone applying to college must complete a FAFSA. The FAFSA form/website is new this year, different from any other year! If you and your parents can not make it on December 12th, there are some other dates throughout the county when this information will be shared. Stop by guidance if you are interested in any of the other dates!

Decatur Nation! The end of the semester is quickly approaching so don’t let those assignments pile up, visit the Seahawk Writing Center for any and all writing help! (Roll Seahawk Writing Center Video 0:54:10)

To continue the momentum set by Ray Lewis yesterday, the Students Against Destructive Decisions will hold two Spirit Days in December. On Friday, December 15th, make sure you wear red to celebrate a Vape Free Holiday! On Monday, December 18th, stop at the SADD table during all lunch shifts to pick up a sweet treat during the “Drugs Aren’t Neat, Candy is Sweet” day.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday in December at 7:10 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kolluri if you have any questions. All are welcome!

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to The Annual Children’s Theatre, now in its 47th year. This year’s production, The Ants and the Grasshoppers, a Comedy written by Roz Mihalko and Donna Swift, will be running evening performances December 1st and 2nd at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there!

Want to support the SDHS Football team but can’t get all the way to Annapolis? Well we have the solution! Rho Kappa would like to invite you to the first ever SDHS Football Watch Party! Come out to the SDHS cafeteria to support our football team in the state championships on the big screen. The game will be live streamed for all students to watch. The cost is two dollars at the door. Pizza, snacks, and baked goods will be for sale! Hope to see you all there cheering on our team!!

At 7:00 PM Varsity Football tackles Huntingtown in States – dismissal at 10:40

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!