Friday, December 1

Today Celebrates: Eat A Red Apple Day and World Aids Awareness Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Fish Sandwich, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Green Beans, Mixed Fruit, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far to Operation We Care. TODAY is the final day to donate items for care packages that will be sent to our troops overseas. Please bring all donations to Mrs. Thompson’s room, A168, by the end of the day!

Who will be named Decatur’s Teacher of the Year for the 2023-24 school year? Visit our schools website, sdhs.worcesterk12.org to nominate! Nominations are due TODAY!

On December 12th, we will host a FAFSA information night in the cafeteria at 5:00 pm. Parents and students are encouraged to be in attendance. The FAFSA is Free Federal money. Anyone applying to college must complete a FAFSA and their website is new this year! If you and your parents can not make it on December 12th, there are other dates throughout the county when this information will be shared. Stop by guidance if you are interested in any of the other dates!

Decatur Nation! The end of the semester is quickly approaching so don’t let those assignments pile up, visit the Seahawk Writing Center for any and all writing help! (Roll Seahawk Writing Center Video 0:54:10)

Decatur Theatre would like to invite you to The Annual Children’s Theatre, now in its 47th year. This year’s production, The Ants and the Grasshoppers, a Comedy written by Roz Mihalko and Donna Swift, will be running evening performances TONIGHT AND TOMORROW NIGHT at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and can be purchased at the door or online at www.decaturtheatre.com. If there are any questions about tickets, touch base with Mr. Cater in the Black Box Theatre. We look forward to seeing you there!

As the Holiday season takes hold this year, be sure to hold on to those memories! Add the 2024 Seahawk Yearbook to your holiday shopping list this year. Purchase your copy online at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 95 dollars each, but that price increases to 110 dollars on February 3rd, so don’t delay, pre-order today and save!

Does your club or organization have an upcoming meeting or event that you would like shared with the school and community? Send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to have them shared on the announcements, which is posted to YouTube and on decaturhawk.com. Need them announced on a specific day? Make sure to email the announcement by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

A MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to the Decatur Football team on not just an undefeated season, but for being crowned State Champions of Maryland! Go Hawks!!!

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!