Monday, December 4

Today Celebrates: Wear Brown Shoes Day and Santa’s List Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Fajitas, Cheeseburger, Steamed Kale, Steamed Corn, Pineapple Tidbits, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! We will host a FAFSA information night in the cafeteria at 5:00 pm on December 12th. Parents and students are encouraged to attend. The FAFSA is Free Federal money and anyone applying to college must complete a FAFSA. If you and your parents can not make it on December 12th, there are other dates throughout the county when this information will be shared. Stop by guidance if you are interested in any of the other dates!

Good News Decatur, Book Club season is back! Check in the library at the end of the day Friday for a brief meeting about the after-school Spinebreakers Book Club! Don’t have time Friday? That’s okay because meeting times are one of things to discuss: along with the next book of course! Please see Mr. vonRigler in the library during the week with any questions. The goal is to find that special book by this Friday the 8th.

The Students Against Destructive Decisions will hold two Spirit Days! On Friday, December 15th, make sure you wear red to celebrate a Vape Free Holiday! On Monday, December 18th, stop at the SADD table during all lunch shifts to pick up a sweet treat during the “Drugs Aren’t Neat, Candy is Sweet” day.

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday and every Thursday in December at 7:10 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kolluri if you have any questions. All are welcome!

As the Holiday season takes hold this year, be sure to hold on to those memories! Add the 2024 Seahawk Yearbook to your holiday shopping list this year. Purchase your copy online at yearbookforever.com. Copies are 95 dollars each, but that price increases to 110 dollars on February 3rd, so don’t delay, pre-order today and save!

Does your club or organization have an upcoming meeting or event that you would like shared with the school and community? Send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to have them shared on the announcements, which is posted to YouTube and on decaturhawk.com. Need them announced on a specific day? Make sure to email the announcement by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Magnificent Monday Decatur!