Friday, January 12

Today Celebrates: National Pharmacist Day and National Hot Tea Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza, Fish Sandwich, Onion Rings, Steamed Green Beans, Mixed Fruit, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Attention seniors! Many scholarships are now listed on Schoolinks and some of the deadlines are quickly approaching! Most of them you will print and turn in to Mr. Hall in guidance while some are submitted electronically, which will be indicated. Scholarships are free money towards college so do not hesitate to fill out scholarships and do as many as you can do. Don’t delay, fill out scholarships today!

Seniors! If you still have not gotten your senior portraits taken, time is running out! You need to sign up through Lifetouch to have a portrait session at their Salisbury Studio, and appointments MUST take place prior to February 1st, or your photo will NOT appear in the yearbook. Also, no senior portrait means no senior quote, so don’t delay, schedule TODAY!

Attention juniors and seniors! If you are interested in a career in Automotive technology, the head trainer from the Pohanka Automotive Training Center will be at Decatur at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, January 19th in the cafeteria. They will meet with students to discuss their training program, what it is like to work as an automotive technician, and answer any questions you may have. In order to attend you must register by Wednesday, January 17th. The registration link can be found on Schoology under the class of 2024 or 2025 course. If you have have any questions, please see Mr. Horsman.

The Decatur Film Society will meet next Tuesday in the DNN Studio. Part of the After School Academy, Film Society meets to view and discuss various feature films, shorts, and documentaries. On Tuesday, we will focus on a number of short films with discussion taking place the week after. Want to know more? Come check out film society on Tuesday, and be sure to sign up for the After School Academy. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Decatur, it’s time to book it: the Spinebreaker’s Bookclub will be meeting Wednesday, the 17th, after school in the library. We will be discussing up to part three of “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”. If you have any questions , or are remotely curious, see Mr. vonRigler with questions.

Dungeons and Dragons has started up again and meets each Thursday in the library! If you are new to the game and have any questions stop by the library and speak with Mr. vonRigler. Sign-ups for this club, and any other after school club, are located around the school.

Good Luck to the NJROTC team as they travel and compete this Saturday at Annapolis High School!

Beginning TODAY and taking place over the weekend, Decatur will once again host the War on the Shore Wrestling Tournament. Good luck to the Decatur Wrestling Teams this weekend!

At 4:30 PM Girls JV Basketball plays at Parkside – departure at 3:00

At 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Parkside – departure also at 3:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday and Extended Weekend Decatur!