Wednesday, January 17

Today Celebrates: Kid Inventors Day and Ditch Your New Years Resolutions Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara, BBQ Pork Sandwich, Steamed Green Beans, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Mandarin Oranges, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Listen up Decatur! ALL current hotspots will be TURNED OFF this Friday, January 19th. If you have a hotspot, it must be exchanged in the library on or before this Friday! Some students will need to resubmit hotspot paperwork. If you do not have a hotspot, but need a hotspot, you can get paperwork from the library to receive one on or after February 1st.

There will be a Black Student Union meeting after school TODAY. If you are interested in joining the black student union all people are welcome and encouraged to join us.

Decatur, it’s time to book it: the Spinebreakers Book Club will meet after school TODAY in the library. We will be discussing up to part three of “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”. If you have any questions, or are remotely curious, see Mr. vonRigler with questions.

Attention juniors and seniors! If you are interested in a career in Automotive technology, the head trainer from the Pohanka Automotive Training Center will be at Decatur at 9:00 a.m. this Friday, January 19th in the cafeteria. They will meet with students to discuss their training program, what it is like to work as an automotive technician, and answer any questions you may have. In order to attend you must register TODAY! The registration link can be found on Schoology under the class of 2024 or 2025 course. If you have have any questions, please see Mr. Horsman.

Seniors! If you still have not gotten your senior portraits taken, time is running out! You need to sign up through Lifetouch to have a portrait session at their Salisbury Studio. Appointment slots are available for February 3rd, and that’s the last day to have them taken, or your photo will NOT appear in the yearbook. Also, no senior portrait means no senior quote, so don’t delay, schedule TODAY!

At 2:00 PM Boys and Girls Indoor Track competes at Worcester Rec Center – dismissal at 12:15

At 5:00 PM Wrestling takes on Queen Anne’s at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!