Thursday, January 18

Today Celebrates: Thesaurus Day and Winnie the Pooh Day!

Lunch for today includes: Chicken Tenders with Roll, Meatball Sub, Sweet Potato Puffs, Green Peas, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Calling all Writers! Guess what?! The Optimist Essay Writing Contest has been extended until this Friday, February 2nd! Write an essay, 700 to 800 words, telling how optimism connects us, and you could win a monetary award! First place winner takes home five hundred dollars! See any English teacher for an application and more information.

Listen up Decatur! ALL current hotspots will be TURNED OFF this Friday, January 19th, that’s TOMORROW! If you have a hotspot, it must be exchanged in the library on or before this Friday! Some students will need to resubmit hotspot paperwork. If you do not have a hotspot, but need a hotspot, you can get paperwork from the library to receive one on or after February 1st.

Dungeons and Dragons has started up again and meets each Thursday in the library, including TODAY! If you are new to the game and have any questions stop by the library and speak with Mr. vonRigler. Sign-ups are located around the school.

Seniors! If you still have not gotten your senior portraits taken, time is running out! You need to sign up through Lifetouch to have a portrait session at their Salisbury Studio. Appointment slots are available for February 3rd, and that’s the last day to have them taken, or your photo will NOT appear in the yearbook. Also, no senior portrait means no senior quote, so don’t delay, schedule TODAY!

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to a series of staged readings. This year’s production, Bending The Truth, is a student devised show written and performed by the Intro to Theatre class, with pieces directed by senior Abbi Weeks. The production goes up Thursday, January 25th at 6:30 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.decaturtheatre.com We look forward to seeing you there!

A representative from Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) will visit at 9:00 am on Friday, February 2 in the Guidance Office Conference Room. Anyone interested in learning more about the programs offered should attend.

The Seahawk Writing Center is requesting that every student complete a quick survey. Please remind your first period teacher to provide the link or QR Code for the survey.

Calling all softball players! Any girl interested in playing softball this spring, see Coach Kurtz in room A-172 for pre-season workout information and schedule.

At 4:00 PM Unified Strength and Conditioning competes at home

At 4:30 PM Boys JV Basketball plays at Snow Hill – departure at 3:15

At 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Basketball plays at Snow Hill – departure also 3:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!