Friday, January 19

Today Celebrates: National Popcorn Day and National Tin Can Day!

Lunch for today includes: Mickey’s Cheese Pizza, Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Turnip Greens, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Listen up Decatur! ALL current hotspots will be TURNED OFF TODAY! If you have a hotspot, it must be exchanged in the library ASAP! Some students will need to resubmit hotspot paperwork. If you do not have a hotspot, but need a hotspot, you can get paperwork from the library to receive one on or after February 1st.

Seniors! If you still have not gotten your senior portraits taken, time is running out! You need to sign up through Lifetouch to have a portrait session at their Salisbury Studio. Appointment slots are available for February 3rd, and that’s the last day to have them taken, or your photo will NOT appear in the yearbook. Also, no senior portrait means no senior quote. This is your final reminder and warning!!

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to a series of staged readings. This year’s production, Bending The Truth, is a student devised show written and performed by the Intro to Theatre class, with pieces directed by senior Abbi Weeks. The production goes up Thursday, January 25th at 6:30 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.decaturtheatre.com We look forward to seeing you there!

The Seahawk Writing Center is requesting that every student complete a quick survey. Please remind your first period teacher to provide the link or QR Code for the survey, if you did not take it yesterday.

The Decatur Film Society will meet next Tuesday in the DNN Studio. Part of the After School Academy, Film Society meets to view and discuss various feature films, shorts, and documentaries. On Tuesday, we will focus on a number of short films with discussion taking place the week after. Want to know more? Come check out film society on Tuesday, and be sure to sign up for the After School Academy. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Best of luck to all those auditioning for All Shore Band tomorrow! Decatur Nation is with you!

Calling all softball players! Any girl interested in playing softball this spring, see Coach Kurtz in room A-172 for pre-season workout information and schedule.

Congratulations to our Unified Strength and Conditioning team on their 41-21 win over Cambridge-South Dorchester yesterday. Our incredible athletes dominated in the weight room and agility events, taking first place in all 9 categories. Congratulations everyone and good luck as you take on Mardela next week.

At 4:30 PM Girls JV Basketball takes on Snow Hill at home

At 5:00 PM Wrestling competes at Parkside – departure at 3:00

At 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Snow Hill at home

Saturday’s Sports:

At 9:00 AM Cheer Team competes at Hereford High – departure at 5:00 a.m.

At 10:00 AM JV Wrestling competes in the Bel Air Duals – departure at 6:00 a.m.

At 10:00 AM Girls JV Basketball plays at WiHi – departure at 8:30 a.m.

At 11:30 AM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at WiHi – departure at 8:30 a.m.

At 12:00 PM Boys JV Basketball takes on Bennett at home

At 1:30 PM Boys Varsity Basketball battles Bennett at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!