Tuesday, January 23

Today Celebrates: National Pie Day, Measure Your Feet Day, and National Handwriting Day!

Lunch for today includes: Rotini with Meat Sauce and Garlic Toast, Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings, Steamed Green Beans, Steamed Corn, Applesauce Cup, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Calling all Writers! The Optimist Essay Writing Contest has been extended until Friday, February 2nd! Write an essay, 700 to 800 words, telling how optimism connects us, and you could win a monetary award! See any English teacher for an application and more information.

A representative from Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) will visit at 9:00 am on Friday, February 2 in the Guidance Office Conference Room. Anyone interested in learning more about the programs offered should attend.

Decatur Nation! The winter session of the After School Academy is underway! Registration is still open so check out the flyers posted around school for a full list of programs offered and sign up using the QR code – OR through the school’s website. Get involved, become enriched!

The Decatur Film Society will meet in the DNN Studio TODAY. Part of the After School Academy, Film Society meets to view and discuss various feature films, shorts, and documentaries. Come check out film society, and be sure to sign up for the After School Academy. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

This past fall has been a record-breaking time for Decatur, and not only in sports competitions and games. The Decatur Math Team dominated the competition this past November, taking out public and private schools from Maryland and Delaware. DNN’s Kaila Wright has the story. (Roll Math Team Final 01:55:04)

There will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting this Thursday at 7:15 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Kolurri or Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott if you have any questions. All are welcome!

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to a series of staged readings. This year’s production, Bending The Truth, is a student devised show written and performed by the Intro to Theatre class, with pieces directed by senior Abbi Weeks. The production goes up this Thursday, January 25th at 6:30 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.decaturtheatre.com We look forward to seeing you there!

Calling all softball players! Any girl interested in playing softball this spring, see Coach Kurtz in room A-172 for pre-season workout information and schedule.

At 1:45 PM Unified Strength and Conditioning competes at Pure Fitness – dismissal at 1:30

At 3:00 PM Boys and Girls Swim competes at the Pocomoke YMCA – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:30 PM Girls JV Basketball plays at Washington – dismissal at 2:15

At 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Washington – dismissal also 2:15

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a Terrific Tuesday Decatur!