Thursday, January 25

Today Celebrates: Opposite Day!

Lunch for today includes: Sliced Hot Turkey Breast with Roll, Breaded Chicken Drumstick with Roll, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Steamed Green Beans, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Attention all students: Once the new semester starts on Thursday, February 1st, please only come by guidance if you are a student aide or you are missing a class. Schedule changes will open on Monday February 5th. Repeat, schedule changes will not be honored until Monday, February 5th once the new semester starts.

Are you ready to double the love without breaking the bank? Leo Club’s Love-In-A-Card Valentine’s Special is here, offering you not one but TWO Conversation Cards for just one dollar! It’s time to spread the love, share the joy, and make this Valentine’s truly extraordinary. Imagine capturing the essence of your love and friendship on a beautifully crafted card. Each Conversation Card is a small treasure filled with heartfelt messages, ready to bring smiles to those you care about.

Don’t limit love to just one day. With our Conversation Cards, you can start the celebration during lunch periods from February 5th, building up the excitement and anticipation. For nine days, immerse yourself in the joy of expressing love and appreciation for the people in your life who mean the most. On Valentine’s Day, the Leo Club will ensure that the Conversation Cards reach their destination on time, creating a magical moment that will be cherished forever.

You could win up to five hundred dollars! The Optimist Essay Writing Contest has been extended until Friday, February 2nd! Write an essay, 700 to 800 words, telling how optimism connects us, and you could win a monetary award! See any English teacher for an application and more information!

Dungeons and Dragons has started up again and meets each Thursday, including TODAY in the library! If you are new to the game and have any questions stop by the library and speak with Mr. vonRigler. Sign-ups are located around the school.

The Intro to Theatre class would like to invite you to a series of staged readings. This year’s production, Bending The Truth, is a student devised show written and performed by the Intro to Theatre class, with pieces directed by senior Abbi Weeks. The production goes up TODAY, at 6:30 pm in the Black Box Theatre. Tickets are $5 for adults, and $3 for students. For more information or to order tickets online, visit www.decaturtheatre.com We look forward to seeing you there!

Decatur Nation! The Decatur News Network is your school’s broadcast news station, and we want to share your information with the school and community! Posters don’t always cut it, so share your upcoming fundraisers and events with DNN so we can inform the school! Coaches, we want to share in your wins and successes!

Send in any and all announcements to [email protected] to have them shared on the announcements, which is posted to YouTube and on decaturhawk.com, the e-edition of your school newspaper. Need them announced on a specific day? Make sure to email the announcement by 7:20 the morning of. See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Attention Winter Teams! This is a friendly reminder of your upcoming team photos this Friday, January 26th. Check with your coaches for your scheduled time. These photos are for the yearbook and cannot be made up if missed.

At 3:00 PM Girls and Boys Swim takes on Kent Island and Pocomoke in Pocomoke – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:00 PM Unified Strength and Conditioning competes at Mardela – dismissal at 2:00

At 5:00 PM Cheer Team competes at Crofton High – dismissal at 12:15

At 5:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball plays at Crisfield – departure at 3:00

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!