Friday, January 26

Today Celebrates: Australia Day and Spouse’s Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Hotdog with Bun, Oven Baked Crinkle Fries, Steamed Kale, Pineapple Tidbits, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Attention all students: Once the new semester starts on Thursday, February 1st, please only come by guidance if you are a student aide or you are missing a class. Schedule changes will open on Monday February 5th. Repeat, schedule changes will not be honored until Monday, February 5th once the new semester starts.

Are you ready to double the love without breaking the bank? Leo Club’s Love-In-A-Card Valentine’s Special is here, offering you not one but TWO Conversation Cards for just one dollar! It’s time to spread the love, share the joy, and make this Valentine’s truly extraordinary. Conversation Cards will be on sale during all lunch shifts from February 5th until the 13th. On Valentine’s Day, the Leo Club will ensure that the Conversation Cards reach their destination on time, creating a magical moment that will be cherished forever.

A representative from Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) will visit at 9:00 am on Friday, February 2 in the Guidance Office Conference Room. Anyone interested in learning more about the programs offered should attend.

The Optimist Essay Writing Contest has been extended until Friday, February 2nd! Write an essay, 700 to 800 words, telling how optimism connects us, and you could win a monetary award! See any English teacher for an application and more information!

Decatur Nation! Hold on to the memories! Purchase your copy of the 2024 Seahawk yearbook online at yearbookforever.com. Copies are currently 95 dollars, but that price increases to 110 dollars on February 3rd… which is NEXT WEEK, so don’t delay order today!

This is a friendly reminder that there will be NO morning announcements after today due to the semester change. We will resume daily announcements in mid to late February. See you then!

Attention Winter Teams! This is a friendly reminder of your TODAY’S team photos. Check with your coaches for your scheduled time. These photos are for the yearbook and cannot be made up if missed.

Congratulations to the Girls Varsity Basketball game on their 45 to 7 victory over the Crabbers last nights. Sadie Kauffman had 15 rebounds and 8 steals, Allison Swift had 10 points, Jozlyn Tyre had 9 points and 10 rebounds, and April Bondurant added 7 points. Great job! Support the ladies as they take on the Eagles at home at 5 pm. See you there!

At 5:00 PM Girls JV Basketball plays at Nandua – departure at 3:00

At 5:00 PM Wrestling takes on Bennett and North Caroline at Bennett – departure at 3:00

At 5:00 PM Girls Varsity Basketball battles Snow Hill at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Good luck on all your finals and see you in spring semester! Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!