Thursday, April 4

Today Celebrates: Hug A Newsman Day, Walk Around Things Day, World Rat Day, and School Librarian Day!

Lunch for today includes: Sliced Hot Turkey Breast with Dinner Roll, Breaded Chicken Drumstick with Dinner Roll, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Steamed Green Beans, Fresh Fruit, Diced Pears, and Milk.

Attention After School Academy participants: There will be NO After School programs TODAY, April 4th. Please plan accordingly and take your regular scheduled transportation home following the school day.

If you are in need of a summer job, or even a way to make some extra cash, then stop by the job fair taking place TODAY from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm in the gym.

Seniors! Save the Date! On Tuesday, April 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture the senior class Panoramic photo, the photo of your entire class, at 8:05 a.m. in the gym. Tech buses will be held briefly for this photo, so make sure you arrive on time! Seniors will be called down, and the photo will only take a few minutes. If you are late and miss it, then you miss it. Please see Mr. Thompson or the main office for order forms. Senior Panoramic Photo on Tuesday, April 9th at 8:05 a.m.

Decatur’s chapter of the National English Honor Society is hosting a membership drive over the next two weeks until April 19th. We are looking for dedicated students who have interest in serving their community, a combined GPA of 3.5 or higher in all English classes, and experience in two English electives. If you’re interested, see any English teacher for an application. For more information on the Seahawk Lyceum, visit the school’s website under extracurricular activities or see Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson.

Calling all writers! The National English Honor Society is holding the 11th Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest. NEHS is taking submissions in two categories, Poetry and Short Story, and monetary prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category, with first place receiving 100 dollars. Submissions are due to Mrs. Terlizzi by 3:00 pm on April 19th. See any English teacher for a submission form.

At 3:15 PM Girls and Boys Track competes at Bennett – dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball battles Cambridge South Dorchester at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!