Friday, April 5

Today Celebrates: Go for Broke Day, National Dandelion Day, and Read a Road Map Day!

Lunch for today includes: Big Daddy’s Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza, Hot Dog with Bun, Oven Baked Crinkle Cut Fries, Steamed Kale, Fresh Fruit, Pineapple Tidbits, and Milk.

Seniors, scholarship season is coming to a close. Many scholarships are due today. The Ocean City, Berlin Optimist and Pete Shepherd Memorial Scholarships are due on Sunday but can be turned in on Monday to Mr. Hall.

Seniors! Save the Date! On Tuesday, April 9th, Lifetouch will be here to capture the senior class Panoramic photo, the photo of your entire class, at 8:05 a.m. in the gym. Tech buses will be held briefly for this photo, so make sure you arrive on time! Seniors will be called down, and the photo will only take a few minutes. If you are late and miss it, then you miss it. Please see Mr. Thompson or the main office for order forms. Senior Panoramic Photo on Tuesday, April 9th at 8:05 a.m.

Class of 2024! Voting for Senior Superlatives, Collection of Senior Quotes, and Submission of Baby Photos begin next week! Keep checking the DNN Senior News Course on Schoology and follow the deadlines, as they will not change and late submissions WILL NOT be accepted.

Decatur’s chapter of the National English Honor Society is hosting a membership drive over the next two weeks until April 19th. We are looking for dedicated students who have interest in serving their community, a combined GPA of 3.5 or higher in all English classes, and experience in two English electives. If you’re interested, see any English teacher for an application. For more information on the Seahawk Lyceum, visit the school’s website under extracurricular activities or see Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson.

Calling all writers! The National English Honor Society is holding the 11th Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest. NEHS is taking submissions in two categories, Poetry and Short Story, and monetary prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category, with first place receiving 100 dollars. Submissions are due to Mrs. Terlizzi by 3:00 pm on April 19th. See any English teacher for a submission form.

Decatur is sponsoring a school-wide beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow, an organization that treats children stricken with illness to a stress-free vacation at the beach. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

Attention Volunteers: The deadline for the Presidential Service Award is quickly approaching. All forms are due to Mrs. Thompson in A168 by 3:00 pm on Monday, April 22. Forms will not be accepted after this date. Please see Mrs. Thompson with any questions or for additional service forms.

Don’t let the semester get away from you! Schedule an appointment with the Seahawk Writing Center to ensure quality papers and essays this semester. Sessions are only 30 minutes long, but the impacts can last a lifetime. Sign up for a session by scanning the QR code on the flyers posted around school.

Teachers and staff, due to the odd week next week with senior panoramic, half-day Wednesday, and Professional Development on Friday, DNN will hold announcements on Monday and Thursday only next week. Please plan accordingly.

At 4:00 PM Girls JV Lacrosse plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:15

At 4:00 PM Boys JV Lacrosse battles Easton at home

At 4:00 PM JV Softball takes on Kent Island at home

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball strikes out Kent Island at home

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball plays at Kent Island – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:00 PM Varsity Baseball plays at Kent Island – dismissal at 12:45

At 4:00 PM Boys and Girls Tennis compete against WiHi at home

At 5:30 PM Girls Varsity Lacrosse plays at Easton – dismissal at 1:15

At 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Lacrosse battles Easton at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Fantastic Friday Decatur!