Thursday, April 18

Today Celebrates: Newspaper Columnists Day, International Juggler’s Day, and National High Five Day!

Lunch for today includes: Breaded Mozzarella Sticks with Marinara Sauce, Chili with Chips, Steamed Kale, Steamed Corn, Fresh Fruit, Diced Peaches, and Milk.

Class of 2024! The senior quote submission form is NOW open and will remain open until Friday, April 26th. Only those seniors with senior portraits in the yearbook will get a senior quote and we need at least 175 quote submissions, or no senior quotes will be included in the yearbook. Lastly, inappropriate quotes will be replaced with a generic quote, so be smart and submit on time!

Seniors! We are now accepting baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Attention Students: The Honor Roll WeXL Banquet will be held on April 30th. Please check the lists posted by the cafeteria during lunch shifts and pick up your invitation. If you plan to attend, we need the RSVP card and your money turned in right away, no later than Friday April 26th. Please everyone check the list for your name!

Decatur’s chapter of the National English Honor Society is hosting a membership drive. We are looking for dedicated students who have interest in serving their community, a combined GPA of 3.5 or higher in all English classes, and experience in two English electives. If you’re interested, see any English teacher for an application. For more information on the Seahawk Lyceum, visit the school’s website under extracurricular activities. Applications are due to Mrs. Terlizzi or Mr. Thompson by 3:00 pm THIS Friday.

Decatur Nation! This is the LAST week to bring in those items for the beach supply drive benefiting Believe in Tomorrow. Bring in beach shovels, playing cards, sunscreen, coloring books, beach toys and more. Collection boxes are in the main office, the CRT Office, and Mrs. Thompson’s room A168. Let’s show them “there’s no place like the beach!”

Calling all writers! The National English Honor Society is holding the 11th Annual Peggy Hevel Memorial Writing Contest. NEHS is taking submissions in two categories, Poetry and Short Story, and monetary prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category, with first place receiving 100 dollars. Submissions are due to Mrs. Terlizzi by 3:00 pm THIS Friday, April 19th. See any English teacher for a submission form.

Do you love to dance? Do you love to perform? Do you want to be a part of a team? Come tryout for next year’s Color Guard on April 23rd and 24th. It will take place in the band room starting at 3:00 pm and ending at 4:00 pm. You will learn a short routine, basic flag and some dance skills. Please make sure to bring comfortable clothes, shoes, and a water bottle! If you have any additional questions, please go to Ms. Johnson’s room C129 to ask.

At 3:00 PM Boys and Girls Track and Field compete at Kent Island – dismissal at 11:45

At 3:00 PM Varsity Baseball takes on North Caroline at home – class dismissal at 1:45

At 3:00 PM Varsity Softball battles North Caroline at home – class dismissal at 1:45

At 4:00 PM JV Baseball plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:00

At 4:00 PM JV Softball plays at North Caroline – dismissal at 1:00

At 4:00 PM Unified Bocce battles Washington at home

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!