Wednesday, May 8

Today Celebrates: Iris Day, No Socks Day, School Nurses Day, and National Receptionist Day!

Lunch for today includes: Ham and Cheese Rippers, Popcorn Chicken, Vegetarian Baked Beans, Steamed Broccoli, Diced Peaches, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! This week we honor Children’s Mental Health Matters Week with some fun challenges. Today you are challenged to show compassion for yourself and others: Practice positive self-talk and give a compliment to someone you have never talked to. For example, instead of saying “I can’t do this”, think to yourself, “I can give it my best try”.

Continue sending in those baby photos for the senior graduation video. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! See Mr. Thompson with any questions.

Seniors at 8:15 look for a Schoology message with some exciting prom information in it. The info will be extremely time sensitive so if you want to participate make sure to keep an eye around 8:15!

Attention Juniors and Seniors: If you’re attending prom you must get a Debt-less sign off sheet completed prior to prom ticket purchase. This sign off is required for ALL SDHS students attending prom, regardless of grade.

If you’re bringing a non-SDHS student, you must complete an out of school guest form, which are available in the main office, and have it approved by administration prior to ticket purchase as well. Approval process takes one to two school days, so time is almost up! See your grade level administrator with questions.

Prom tickets are on sale each morning in the square today and tomorrow, from 7:30 until 8:00. Take note, TOMORROW is the LAST day to purchase tickets and tickets are $50 each. See Mr. Greenwood with questions.

There will be a Fellowship of christian Athletes meeting TOMORROW at 7:15 in D-151, Mr. Drahiem’s room. See Mrs. Fenzel-Mergott or Mrs. Kullori if you have any questions. All are Welcome!

Attention all students and staff, there will be a fundraiser for the Mathematics department this Thursday at Popeyes in West Ocean City from 5:00 until 8:00! Come enjoy delicious food while supporting your math department! See you there! Love that chicken from Popeyes!

At 4:15 PM JV Softball plays at Sussex Central

At 4:15 PM JV Baseball plays at Sussex Central

At 6:00 PM Varsity Baseball competed in the Bayside Championships at Perdue Stadium

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Have a Wonderful Wednesday Decatur!