Thursday, May 9

Today Celebrates: Tear the Tags off the Mattress Day and Lost Sock Memorial Day!

Lunch for today includes: Turkey Bacon Cheeseburger. Breaded Chicken Drumstick, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy, Steamed Green Beans, Diced Pears, Fresh Fruit, and Milk.

Decatur Nation! This week we honor Children’s Mental Health Matters Week with some fun challenges. Today you are challenged to Practice Mindfulness. Focus solely on a task at hand. Example – Mindful Eating where you eat a meal and concentrate on all your senses during the experience while not being distracted by work/phone/tv/etc.

Attention Mrs. Stevenson’s 4th and 5th periods. We are displaced today due to AP testing. Period 4 will meet in the auditorium. Period 5 will meet in room A113. Again, Mrs. Stevenson’s 4th period will meet in the auditorium and 5th period will convene in room A113.

TODAY is the LAST day to purchase prom tickets! Tickets at $50 each and can be purchased in the square from 2:30 until 3:00 this afternoon. See Mr. Greenwood with questions.

Attention seniors! This is your last chance to vote for Prom King and Queen. Voting will open at 8:15 and close at 8:45. Use the same link that was sent yesterday to your Schoology inbox. The voting link will only work for SDHS Seniors. Due to AP testing no announcement will be made with the results. Results will be announced in a Schoology message to seniors later this morning.

Seniors! We need those baby pictures! Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off to the DNN studio. If emailing your photo, please include your first and last name in the subject line. If dropping off a hard copy, please write your first and last name on the back of the photo. Photos are due by May 17th! No excuses and no tears. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Attention Seniors – Make sure you check your Schoology inbox often as important information is constantly being shared with you these coming weeks. Be on the look out for a message regarding Senior Superlatives. Information and winners will be shared soon, once all messages are received and replied to. See Mr. Thompson with questions.

Attention all students and staff, there will be a fundraiser for the Mathematics department TONIGHT at Popeyes in West Ocean City from 5:00 until 8:00! Come enjoy delicious food while supporting your math department! See you there! Love that chicken from Popeyes!

Educators Rising would like to congratulate Ms. Layton in her victory for Hi-Five Tuesday with a whopping 137 hi-fives. She will receive coverage for her 5th period class on the Friday prior to Memorial Weekend.

At 4:00 PM Varsity Softball battles WiHi in the Region Quarterfinals

Remember to base your decisions on the Decatur Way Principles. Pride, Achievement, Respect, and Responsibility. Have a PARR-ific Thursday Decatur!